Anyone ever got liposuction (hips/flanks) years after a tummy tuck?

I had a tummy tuck in 2008 and to date it looks great. However my hips & flanks look like they need to be contoured a little and have some fat removed. My MD refused to do the lipo at the same time as the tummy tuck & recommened to return a year later. 8 years later I'm ready md schedule in 2 weeks

Lipo after a tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. You can of course have liposuction after your tummy tuck if you feel the contour is still wanting. If there is residual fat in any place following abdominoplasty, it will be in the upper abdomen. Liposcutioning of this region as a secondary procedure is easily and routinely performed. I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and to talk about your goals. Godd luck :)

Absolutely, Yes!

You absolutely get hip/flank liposuction years after a tummy tuck. I recommend VASER Hi Def in combination with ultrasound/ThermiRF treatments and fat grafting in order to contour and define the area. See an expert in body contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction after a tummy tuck

It is great to hear that you are still very happy with your tummy tuck results.  I commonly perform liposuction of the hips and flanks at the same time as an abdominoplasty, however each case varies.  Many women can benefit from liposuction of these areas, although you would need to check with your with your surgeon to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure.  It is important that you choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   Best of luck!

David Stoker, MD

Liposuction of the hip rolls and flanks after a tummy tuck?

Is quite safe to undergo hip roll liposuction (quote love handle") at the time of a tummy tuck but I avoid liposuction to the flanks and under broad area for fear of damaging skin flap circulation.  If you do have persistent fat in those areas should definitely consider liposuction and I would expect you to get a perfectly good result.  Remember, unlike your tummy tuck there is no skin removal from liposuction so any lack skin will remain but the thickness of the padded layer involving your skin rolls will be diminished.  Most patients are very happy with that improvement. Best wishes, 

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD