Am getting a mini Lipo on my lower abdominal area. What is the normal recovery time?

Mini lipo

I've never heard of a mini lipo. You should discuss Recovery times with your board certified plastic surgeon.  

Mini lipo

Thank you for your question. The term "mini lipo" is new to me. I'm assuming it is a short, touch up type of liposuction performed in the office under local anesthesia. Be very careful to be sure that this is the best procedure for you. Surgeons or even non surgeons in some cases,  may market "mini" this or "lunch time" that, to imply it is a minor procedure with a short recovery time. This may not be what you need and you may be disappointed. Consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is recommended. We are held to an ethical standard to recommend what is best for you, not to sell a procedure that will benefit the surgeon. Be sure to thoroughly vet your surgeon. If something doesn't seem right, look elsewhere. There are plenty of ethical Plastic surgeons in your area. Unfortunately, there are some charlatans as well.

Be vigilant!

Most patients can go back to routine activity within a few days after liposuction. In general, most swelling will go down in 6-8 weeks but there will be residual swelling for 4-6 months.

Mini lipo

I agree-I have never heard of mini lipo! Does it refer to small cannulas or a small amount of liposuction? With lower abdomen, you will be sore for around a week and can return to work thereafter. It takes time after that to see the result.

Lipo recovery time

Not sure what a mini lipo is but there is no medical downtime for liposuction. You will have some pain, bruising,swelling and tenderness but your physical activities don't necessarily need to be restricted.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon