Is it possible Botox does not work on me?

I have tried Botox four times. The first two times were many years ago as I was accompanying friends. I probably had very few units and had no results but never thought much of it. Fast forward to six months ago when I decided to do something about my forehead lines. My doctor injected 30 units of xeomin. Within a week I noticed lessened movement, not significant but some. This lasted about three weeks. Ten days ago I decided to try Botox with a highly recommended doctor. 32 units, 0 effect

Botox and Results

It is possible that you can have little or no results depending on the placement and dilution of the product. I would consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert an facial injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Forehead Wrinkles -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

Botox, fillers and lasers work in combination for this area. Botox for the movement lines, fillers for deep lines that remain at rest and needling/lasers for complexion, glands, smoothness of this area. If botox wasnt successful i would try dysport or xeomin. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your excellent question.  30 units of Xeomin and 32 units of Botox is  appropriate dosing to obtain some form of results for each.  If your injector is skilled and used the real products you should have obtained a nice, long-lasting result.  Though unusual, resistance to the neuromodulators is possible.  If still interested see a third surgeon for an evaluation.  They may try the third neuromodulators, Dysport, or can attempt redoing one of your previously injected ones.

Botox injection for forehead lines

32 units of Botox in a good treatment dose for the glabella and forehead and at 10 days out you should see some result. I would wait 14 days and then go see your injector. Usually, when a patient tells me that he/she has had Botox in the past and it didn't work, it usually means the patient was underdosed as true resistance to Botox is very uncommon.