My boobs are not dropping after 2 months post augmentation. Why? (Photo)

It's 2 months after I had breast augmentation, i been doing massages and using the band doctor gave me, but their not dropping, my doctor said she hasn't seen something like this, so she gave me milk t Thistle,..can anyone please help? Thanks

My implants are not dropping after 2 months post augmentation. Why?

It's fairly common for implants to ride a little high, even 2 months after surgery.  I have no experience with milk thistle, however, continued massage a chest band will help.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Implant settling

depends on many variables and if you have textured implants, I wouldn't anticipate settling to occur and you will need a revision if you want lower positioned implants.  If you have smooth implants, keep up the band use and massage.  Your goal should be to get your upper poles to look like how you want them to.  If you want completely natural, you have a ways to go and if it doesn't change with time, your surgeon should be motivated to revise this for you to help you get the best result possible.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post-op 2 months

Hello. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Implants normally take 3-6 months to fully settle. If you have not seen any improvement, please consult with your surgeon again. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

My boobs are not dropping after 2 months post augmentation. Why?

Thank you for the photos. It has been two months, but overall it's still early after your surgery. Implants can take 3-6 months to settle fully. If the implant was sized appropriately (not too large), then the implants should come down with time. Make sure to follow the recommendations of your surgeon.

Breast augmentation - implants high after 2 months

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • This is a well known problem with under-the-muscle breast augmentation
  • I have my patients go bra-less - gravity helps to pull the implants down.
  • Ask your surgeon if you can do this.
  • Otherwise, wait another 1 - 4 months - and if things aren't better, you need a revision to release the capsule.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implants still riding high at 2 months...

Hello and thank you for your question. It is hard to give you a accurate advice without knowing what style/size/profile implants you had placed, your measurements, and whether or not they are above or under muscle. Regardless, don't lose hope as there are people with a tighter skin/muscle envelope who need 3-6 months to fully drop and fluff. Therefore, continue following your plastic surgeon's advice and hopefully you will start to turn the corner in about a month.  If after 3 months you don't see any improvement, you could consider breast revision surgery at that point.  If you pursue a second opinion at that point, make sure to seek the expertise of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in revision breast surgery.  I hope this helps and best of luck to you. Sincerely,
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Post op

They could be high from the implants being too large for your frame.  However, give it some time and they likely will settle in over the next few months.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Give your body more time to adjust.

While your incisions have healed by now, you’re still only about a third of the way through the recovery process. It can take a full 6 months for your body to completely adjust to your breast implants, which should soften and settle during that time. Keep massaging your breast implants and using the band your plastic surgeon gave you, check in with her if you have questions and remember that your final results could be 4 months away. If you’re concerned about your results at 6 months post-op, then you may want to consider seeing a plastic surgeon about revision surgery.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD