Day one after breast augmentation and I'm flushed and running a slight temperature. Is this normal?

Day one after op, looking flushed with slight temperature. Breasts also very hot. Is this normal?

Breast augmentation - flushed, hot and feverish one day after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.Please contact your plastic surgeon and report your concerns. We would love to be able to help you but problems immediately after surgery are treated by your own surgeon and you need to contact her/him at once. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You should let your surgeon know

it is not uncommon at all, to have a slight increased temperature after surgery. make sure to take deep breathes to fully aerate your lungs. you should let your surgeon know about your breast feeling warm. however since both breasts are warm, it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

1 day post op

Thank you for your questions.  A slight fever 1 day post surgery is appropriate but my advice is to communicate with your surgeon.  He or she will want to know the exact temperature reading.  Increasing warmth or redness of your breasts should also be reported. Best of luck. 

Mild fever after breast augmentation surgery

Breast augmentation requires frequent and regular follow-up visits particularly in the first few days and weeks of recovery to prevent or immediately address healing problems and infection.  

While a slightly elevated temperature is normal after any type of surgery (during the initial healing stage), if it becomes a fever and is associated with increasing pain and persistent redness, it might be a sign of infection.

Your original PS is in the best position to allay your concerns. 

Good luck and best wishes.

Post Op Elevated Temperature

Hello,Feeling a little flushed and certainly swollen is normal post op but it is important that you contact your Plastic Surgeon about an elevated temperature as this can indicate issues requiring treatment or a problem with medication. Be sure to take deep, full breaths regularly and ensure that your lungs are functioning well. Give your Plastic Surgeon a call and ask them to advise you,
All the best

Thank you for your question. Based on your description I recommend contacting your plastic surgeon immediately. Having both a temperature and a hot to touch breast is worrisome for an infection. Hopefully it is nothing but an in office follow up is warranted.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Post op day 1

Thank you for your question.  A low grade temperature for the first 48 hours post surgery is appropriate, as can the feeling of warmth.  My advice is to communicate directly with your surgeon with these concerns.  Best of luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she cane examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Flushed after operation

I agree that these situations are best discussed with your operating surgeon.  Please call their office right away to address your concern.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon