How soon can I sit on Brazilian Butt Lift?

i just had Brazilian butt lift and i set on my butt withing my 5th day... is that going to make my butt flat?

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift.

It has generally been said that you should avoid sitting on the Brazilian Butt lift injected area for two weeks after the surgery. The concern is that you may place undue pressure on the delicate grafts thereby killing them. However, the truth is that you sit on your ischial spines and not on your fat grafts which are more likely located on the upper buttock. It is probably more important to avoid placing direct pressure by laying down on your buttocks.

How soon can I sit after a Brazilian butt lift?

The Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective technique that can improve the contour of your bottom and create a beautiful result. It is a combination of procedures that consists of aggressive liposuction of the abdomen hips and waist and lower back, separation and processing of the fat that has been collected, and strategic grafting to the gluteal area.

Patients who are undergoing this procedure should understand that there is a significant healing process. Patients will experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort for several weeks. During the first 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery, we inform the patients that it is essential to minimize any pressure to the area where the fat has been grafted. We always recommend that the patient's sleep on their sides or preferably on their stomach for the first 23 weeks after the surgery. We also ask that the patients used a circular air cushion when seated during this process. By taking care of the areas that have received the fat grafts, and using the compression garments that we provide to the patients, they can successfully achieve their desired results.

Pat Pazmino, MD, FACS

Sitting after a Brazilian Butt Lift

I generally recommend that patients avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time for the first 2-3 weeks following a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.  Since sitting in some cases in simply unavoidable, and as such, I recommend that patients who have to sit place a pillow below their thighs and behind their back to help take some of the weight off of the buttock region.  The reason why surgeons will typically recommend that patients avoid sitting for several weeks after their procedure is that direct pressure on the transferred fat cells can cause them to shrink and/or atrophy and would therefore not survive.  

If you have only sat for short periods of time you should be fine but I would recommend following up with your operating surgeon to discuss your concerns and their specific sitting and recovery protocol.  Best of luck!

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD
Woodbury Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

I do not recommend placing direct pressure on the areas where fat was transferred for several weeks.  Pressure may affect the shape and the amount of fat that survives.  Check with your surgeon.

Dennis Dass, MD

The first few weeks, sitting is limited...

It’s important to realize that fat cells are very fragile in the immediate post-operative period. This situation doesn’t improve until these fat cells have re-established blood supply with the surrounding tissue.In most cases this takes about two weeks to occur.At this point fat cells become less sensitive to the effects of pressure and are less likely to be damaged by sitting or lying on the buttocks.
For these reasons, we limit sitting or lying on the buttocks to one hour intervals for the first two weeks following surgery.This routine places obvious limitations on physical activity for post-operative patients.Unfortunately, failure to comply with this recommendation can result in fat cell death from pressure. This can result in the flattening and contour irregularity that you’re concerned about.
In this particular case, the length of sitting was probably not enough to cause significant damage. If you’re concerned about possible damage to your result from sitting, consultation with your plastic surgeon is appropriate.Your plastic surgeon should be able to clarify this issue.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sitting During Recovery...

A Brazilian Butt Lift consists of harvesting fat from one area of the body, processing and purifying it, and then injecting it back into the buttocks area to increase volume and enhance shape. When the fat is first injected it has been pulled out of its usual ‘home’ environment, stripped of its blood supply and placed into a new region where it has to re-establish a blood supply from the surrounding tissue. A that time it is very delicate and needs to be treated gently. During the first 10-14 days it begins to ‘grow into’ the new environment. Blood vessels hook up to bring it nutrition and get rid of waste (just like plumbing in your house). Once the new ‘supply lines’ have been established, the fat cells become more durable and tolerant, and eventually become ‘one’ with surrounding tissue. At that point they are no longer vulnerable and can handle normal wear and tear! If those fat cells encounter adverse conditions during the early healing period, they may never develop attachments to their new home, and proceed to die. One of the worst conditions for these transplanted cells is pressure. It can squish them enough to burst, push them into places we don’t want them, and result in poor shape and unsatisfactory results. I would recommend in your situation to plan to take at least 7-10 days off of work completely, and then plan to get up frequently and shift your weight often (every 10-15 minutes or so). Also consider bringing a cushion to sit on for the first week back. Take the precautions necessary to get the best result you can from your surgery. If you follow the rules early, you get a result you can enjoy forever!

Marie E. Montag, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

When Can I sit after my Brazilian Butt Lift?

The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own natural fat for
the augmentation. One of the keys of the
fat transfer is that it is incorporated and becomes your fat just in a better
place!

The key is how do we maximize the amount of fat that is
going “take” or survive for the augmentation.
One of the things that can help increase the amount of fat that stays
after the transfer is preventing any trauma to the buttock area, that includes
sitting. The pressure of sitting can be harmful to the fat for the first couple
of weeks after the transfer.

I typically have patients avoid sitting for two weeks after
the surgery. They can walk and sleep on
their belly, just no sitting. After the
first two weeks they can sit for an hour with a 10 minute break in between
sitting sessions. After six weeks they
can return to all of their normal routines.

There are special pillows that patients can purchase that avoids any pressure
on the buttock in the post-operative period so that they can sit at work and still
protect their fat transfer procedure.

I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board
certified plastic surgeon.

Johnny Franco, MD, FACS

How soon can I sit on Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend prolonged sitting for at least 2 weeks after surgery. My patients use the boppy pillow/booty buddy for 2-3 weeks. Sit upright when going to the bathroom. Review with your Surgeons your post op instructions and follow his recommendations. Best wishes

Jeff Angobaldo, MD

Sitting After A Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question! I do not suggest sitting post BBL for 2-3 weeks after.  You will diminish the results you want! The more you don't sit, the better your results will be.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon 
Chicago
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

How soon can you sit after buttock augmentation

You should avoid sitting on your buttock for about two weeks after a fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift).  This will help prevent direct pressure on the delicate fat cells, which could cause them to atrophy and shrink.  You can modify your sitting by using pillows/cushions which are placed under the back of your thighs, to take the weight off of your buttock area. You should also sleep on your side or on your stomach for the first few weeks.

Positioning after this procedure is important if you want to have maximal results.

Please discuss this issue further with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD