Could my stitches after abdomioplasty have come undone?

Three months ago I had abdomioplasty. I've had some complication especially with fluid. Just recently was cleared to return to the gym. Last night I felt what I would describe as lightning go up the center of my stomach.. how likely is it that it was the stitches coming undone? So far I haven't noticed a change in appearance

Shooting pain

It is unlikely at this point that sutures have come undone, shooting pains here and there are very common with increased activity after a tummy tuck. However, redness, constant pain or increase in pain, or a big difference in the appearance warrants a trip back to your surgeon for evaluation.

Tummy tuck concern

Thanks for your inquiry.  Without an exam it is impossible to tell if you should be concerned about anything, but it is very rare to disrupt your muscle repair 3 months after surgery.  Call your plastic surgeon to discuss, good luck.  

Rupture of sutures after TT?

Hi mymichelle

At three months, it is unlikely that you have disrupted the sutures.  I don't understand exactly what "lightening up" means exactly, but usually people hear and or feel a "pop" when sutures break.  

I would recommend that you stay calm, and schedule a follow up visit with your doctor to double check.

All the best.

Sek

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely at this stage. Need a physical examination to check the integrity of repair. Please talk to your PS for evaluation.