Sculpture. How long does it take to see results? Will it last?

I only have a small gut & little saddle bags. wil I truly notice & & how long? It is summer! Will I lose inches & go down in a size in clothes if I am not very big to begin with? I walk every day will this procedure be a lasting result?

Seeing Results

In my experience, I've had patients see some rather impressive results at even 6 weeks.  However, we don't expect full results until 12 weeks post-procedure.  Every patient is different.  SculpSure causes permanent fat loss in the areas treated.  As long as you maintain your weight, the results will last. 

Cedar Rapids Physician

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. The recommended full recovery length is 12 weeks, however, our patients have experienced noticeable results in a shorter timeframe. SculpSure can eliminate up to 25% of unwanted belly fat. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Expectations

SculpSure typically takes between 8-12 weeks to see results. However, I have had patients see results as early as 4 weeks after treatment. The procedure provides permanent destruction of the fat cells in the treated area. There is no clear cut prediction for the amount of inches or sizes you will lose, however patients report a noticeable difference in the fit of their clothing. Keep in mind, the bigger you are to start the more dramatic the results will be.

Takes time

The results after Sculpsure can be seen as early as two weeks, but may need up to six to eight weeks for full results.

Does SculpSure Work?

SculpSure is ideal for patients that are in good shape, eat healthy, exercise regularly but have those areas of fat that are resistant to anything they do.  The treatment is quick with minimal discomfort and absolutely no downtime afterwards.  

Up to 24% of the fat cells in the treated area are permanently destroyed.  Your body will not make new fat cells to replace the ones that were targeted. 

Results are often seen at 6 weeks and optimal results can be expected at 12 weeks.  Some of my patients state they lost 2 inches after one treatment.  Not everybody will see this much improvement but the results are impressive.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Saddlebags

Hello - please know sculpsure takes at least 6-8 weeks to really see a difference.  It is actually recommended to wait up to 12 weeks for optimum results from a treatment.  That being said - so far this seems to be a very effective method for non-invasive fat loss and body sculpting, with excellent natural-looking results. 

Sculpsure vs Coolsculpting

Both a good treatments, remembering that for saddle bags, Sculpsure is off label, and may require a few treatments. 

I think say one treatment is better than the other without an assessment is impossible. Both are excellent methods to contour and both are permanent, however individualising treatments will give you the best results. See someone that has both devices, and go from there. 

All the best 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 
FIORI INSTITUTE SKIN & BODY

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Results

Typically two treatments are required, spaced six weeks a part.  You're optimal results will be seen six weeks after your second treatment.  The results are permanent in the area that has been targeted, as this technology destroy's up to 24% of the fat cells in one session.  

Hope this answer's your question and best of luck to you.

Dr. Ahmed.

Bashir Ahmed, MD
Long Island Family Physician

SculpSure is for contouring

SculpSure is great for contouring, it would be unusual to change size in clothes after a treatment.  The results are permanent and multiple areas can be treated at once.  About 24% of the fat cells are destroyed on average for each treatment session.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon