Can filler make my cheeks look chiseled or will I look heavier?

I would like filler to accent my cheekbones and help 'lift' my lower face I am afraid this will only make my face appear heavier instead of 'model' or chiseled'. Can I achieve the result I want without adding the appearance of fat or full face. Thank you

Fillers for a "chiseled" facial appearance

Hi kjmlawyee:

Fillers are a very successful option to provide you a "chiseled" facial appearance; if done correctly. 

The art and the skill of the injector will provide the highlights along the orbit and cheekbone while properly creating the shadow in the hollow under the cheekbone. 

Please consult with a well experienced Board Certified injector with great compassion and understanding to determine if this or other options are best to achieve your goals. Physicians, like their patients have different images of beauty and you will need to find that individual who can add that "wow" to your facial aesthetics without appearing heavier. 

All the best!

Cheek Augmentation and Lifting

One of the main requests from my patients is restoring lost volume in the mid face area and accenting the cheekbones.  This lift can be quickly accomplished through Voluma injections.  Voluma gives you an immediate "lift" to the cheeks and can give you a "model" look.  Sculptra is often used for this same purpose but it is a gradual way of producing collagen in this mid face area and gives beautiful long lasting and natural results.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these types of facial injections.

Filler in Cheeks

Some fillers most notably volume can help restore the volume in the cheek area and help produce a natural and beautiful look. This is a more advanced injection technique and requires a master physician injector to perform the treatment properly and safely.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Filler in the Cheeks to Develop Higher Cheek Bones and More Definition.

Volumetric fillers like Voluma and Perlane are designed to be injected in the cheek area to help augment and shape this area. They are thicker hyaluronic acid gel fillers likened to Restylane and Juvederm, but are longer lasting and designed to be injected deeper in the face. With proper placement they can elevate the cheek bone appearance. Biostimulators like Sculptra and Radiesse can be injected in this area to help naturally stimulate collagen production in the areas of injection. 

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Placing a filler in the midface or cheek area is a great way to restore the volume loss that typically descends to the lower cheek creating a deeper groove between the cheek and the mouth as well as pulling the corner of the mouth down and creating jowls.

The filler must be injected in the correct location or the natural fullness looks like a fatty face and defeats the purpose.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Ensure you have a consult with an expert injector in order to receive the desired look and discuss realistic outcomes.

Ensure you have a consult with an expert injector in order to receive the desired look and discuss realistic outcomes. When injected correctly you can get great results from filler to the cheeks.

Best of Luck.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I think the so called liquid facelift can be very successful if done right. You need to be seen to answer your question correctly.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Can filler make cheeks look chiseled and not fat

The general answer would be "yes" but it depends on what we are starting with and what you are looking to achieve. An already full, round face will be very difficult to get to look "chiseled". So photos would help so we can give you better answer for your specific case.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Cheek filler

Photos would probably help, but the general answer is yes - fillers can be used in the cheeks to 'lift' the MIDFACE. You can add filler along the mandible in some cases to make it more chiseled, but usually the filler in the cheek bone area will only improve that area. I would visit a local injector and see what they say after an in-person examination.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon