Five days ago I paid 500$ for 50 units of Botox. I still have a lot of movement in my forehead. Did I get ripped off? (photo)

I went to a Med spa instead of my regular doctor and I do not have another 500$ to spend at my regular doctor. I got 20 units for my crows feet (10 on each side) then 12 for my glabella and 18 in my forehead. I haven't had Botox in three years but I don't remember it taking this long to work. Did they dilute the Botox too much? I used to get the same amount at my plastic surgeon with no problems. I am very worried I have to walk around like this if they don't fix it. Please help

Movement After Botox

Botox usually takes 2 or 3 days to start to work, and will continue to improve over the first 7 to 10 days. The full affect is typically achieved after 14 days.

Should you still have full movement after 14 days, I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your qualified injector to discuss your concerns and options.

Take care.

2 week follow up

Botox can take up to 2 weeks to see full effect.  Go ahead and schedule a 2 week follow up with your provider.  Feel free to ask them about their dilution, it should be documented.  However, don't give up yet, you still have a few days to go. 

Botox

Botox can take up to two weeks for full correction. After two weeks, if you did not reach your desired goals, I would follow up with the provider who performed your injections to address your concerns. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox

Hi & thank you for your question.

Botox can take 2-3 weeks to take full effect. If you are not seeing results by then Contact your physician/injector to evaluate. Best of luck.

Botox results

It can take up to two weeks for your results to truly reveal themselves. Wait until then and if you are still unhappy, consult with your original plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox Not Working

Hi,

Its difficult to say what went wrong. It could be that botox was diluted or that it was old or left out  and no longer active. Since botox is a protein it has a shelf life and can go bad if left out of the fridge.. just as milk would spoil.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Botox and Results

It takes 2 weeks for botox to fully take effect. the glabella dose was very small and your forehead does was quite a lot. I suggest you see a board certified expert fi you are unhappy after 2 weeks.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox to forehead

First, I would give it a week to ten days before considering anything as a touch up. You may need more, but I can't really tell from the photo since it blocks part of your face.

Botox in a medspa

Thank you for your question. Regardless of the setting in which you have it in, the injectors qualification is probably the most Important factor. How they dilute the Botox may differ from location to location.  Five days may be too early to know the final results and waiting another week before seeking any touchups is prudent.  

#Botox #Xeomin - 50 units

50 units should be enough to have at least some effect in the areas you describe.  It can take up to two weeks to see the full effect, so you may have more to go.

However, the main issues are how many units, and how fresh it is.  Neuromodulators that have sat around for a long time (weeks) can lose some of their effectiveness.  But if it was Medispa special that that probably isn't the case.

You should return to the doctor, explain what happened, and see if you can get some more, perhaps at a reduced fee. 

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100