Is it safe to have Botox and fillers 3 months post miscarriage and 2 months prior to FET (IVF) cycle?

Botox Before IVF

I'd recommend speaking to both your qualified injector, as well as your OB/GNY to determine if you are okay to proceed with treatment. 

Take care. 

Safe

It should be fine, but I would suggest that you speak with both your surgeon and your Ob/Gyn just to err on the side of caution. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Ask your OB if you have concerns

I would feel safe doing your injections at this point.  However, if you are concerned, please talk to your OB and be open with your injector.  Make sure to book with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

Botox before IVF

As far as we know, it is safe to have Botox and filler injections prior to IVF.  It may be a good idea to discuss the issue with your OB prior to treatment as there is a significant physical, emotional, and financial investment involved with IVF treatments.  Botox is not recommended during pregnancy or breast feeding. 

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Absolutely, all of these procedures are localized and have no systemic effects. You should do great with them and they will have no influence on idea. Good luck

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Botox and filler

Yes, it is safe to have treatments with Botox and filler in the time frame you mentioned.  I do not perform these injections during pregnancy.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Timing of Botox

Botox at this juncture would be safe,  post-miscarriage and pre-fertility treatments. Best of luck with your next cycle!  

Botox and fillers 2 months before IVF

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  It is certainly safe to have Botox and filler's several months after a miscarriage. It should also be safe to have it prior to IVF, but I would check with your IVF physician to be sure.  However as soon as you know that you were pregnant, I would recommend stopping all forms of injections. 

Botox and IVF

To the best of my knowledge, this has not been studied in the literature but it would seem to have no correlation.

Botox and fillers prior to IVF

There is no contraindication for these treatments 2 months prior to IVF. I would strongly recommend having your treatment performed by a board certified dermatologist, occuloplastic, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon in your area. Not all Botox or Botox injection is the same.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon