Gummy Bear Breast Implants Cost?

How much is the Gummy bear breast implants surgery? I want to get breast implants and I am very interested in the gummy bear implants but cant find out how much they are. I am having trouble getting a loan to get my surgery done and I want them done before my husband comes home from Iraq.

Gummy bears are more expensive

The gummy bear implants themselves cost about $1000 more than the regular silicone implants. For me this is around $7000. 

Cost of implants varies depending upon several factors.

There are a range of fees involved in breast augmentation surgery, including the facility where you get the procedure done, surgeon’s fees, anesthesia, pre and postoperative care, and the cost of the implant. A pair of gummy bear implants cost roughly $1000 more than standard silicone gel implants. I’d predict a price tag between $7000 and $9000 for breast augmentation with gummy bear implants. I recommend looking into CareCredit to possibly help finance your procedure. It’s a patient payment program specifically dedicated for health and beauty needs.

Price Varies

Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, Ontario, this can range from $7000 to $9500. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees.

What is the cost of gummy bear breast implants?

The price of breast augmentation surgery with gummy bear breast implants will vary from surgeon to surgeon. The price of the implants is one factor. The training, experience and expertise of the doctor is a significant factor. The facility where surgery is performed and the OR staff is another factor.  Also, a busy plastic surgeon with a full OR schedule will not be providing discounted rates, like a newer, inexperienced plastic surgeon, or a surgeon who cannot demonstrate through many many before and after photographs their ability to produce beautiful and natural looking results with breast augmentation surgery. 

I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their bodyWhen researching the training of a plastic surgeon, check to see if they attended a top medical school and graduated among the top in tier class. Where did they receive their formal surgical training? A prestigious university medical center? How many years of training did your plastic surgeon receive. The minimum for board-certification, but some surgeons elect to undergo as many as ten years of formal surgical training. 

Of course select a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and perhaps a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Viewing many photographs can also help you to determine whether or not a plastic surgeon shares your aesthetic sensibility

You should be able to speak to previous patients and discus their experience with them.

It is also critical to ask about the surgery center where your procedure will be performed. You need to know about accreditation, sterile processing procedures and who will be with you in the surgery. In my office I work with a board certified anesthesiologist, certified surgical technicians and nurses who are in the room during surgery. We also have preoperative nurses and a nurse for post anesthetisia care. Of course we also have a certified sterile processing technician. 
Remember the results from this procedure are permanent. Take your time researching your plastic surgeon and ask any questions you have on your mind.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Consultation to Determine Cost

The price of your breast augmentation procedure can vary by as much as thousands of dollars, depending on a number of factors. The surgeon’s reputation and experience, the facilities in which the operation is done, and your geographic location are each factors to take into consideration. And, generally speaking, well-known surgeons tend to charge higher prices than surgeons that are less known or who have not been practicing as long. To better determine how much a gummy bear breast implant costs near where you live, and to help calculate how much the procedure will cost you, consult with at least two or three surgeons in your area.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gummy Bear Implants Cost ~$5000 more than Silicone Implants

Breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures. Prices for this procedure vary widely and depend on several variables. It’s important to make sure your fee quote includes the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, implant cost, and pre and postoperative care. Each of these components may vary widely depending upon the surgeon’s practice.
The cost of breast implants is a significant component of the expense associated with breast augmentation surgery. This expense varies with the type of implant chosen. Gummy bear implants are significantly more expensive than other implants. The cost of these implants is about $500 more than standard silicone implants.
It’s important to understand that each patient has specific anatomic findings and aesthetic goals that will impact the choice of implants. For this reason, it’s important to thoroughly discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to determine which implant is best for you.

Gummy Bear Implants

Deciding on which implant to use is always a difficult decision for women. The benefit is that in this day and age is that there are so many choices of implants that the augmentation can be tailored to each patient.

Truly the best thing that you can do is be open with your surgeon about your desired results so they can help guide you in choosing the best implant for you.

I would spend time trying on various implants in your surgeons office and don’t be afraid to do this more than once. Also bring your surgeon pictures of what you want to look like after your procedure. This will make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page about your implant desires.

The shaped implants can help decrease the round appearance that some women are afraid of having after their breast augmentation. First of all I would tell you that by using a silicone gel implant, whether it is round or shaped will help decrease the chance that you are going to look fake. The silicone implants are much softer and give people a more natural appearance than the saline implant ever did for patients.

Patients tend to worry about getting a high profile implant because they worry that it is going to make them look overly fake. This was true with the saline implants. This is not true with the silicone implants. The new implants can give patients a very nice natural soft appearance in the higher profile and larger sizes.

The important decision is to find an implant that fits your body frame. You want an implant that is almost the same size of your breast. This will give patients the medial fullness they desire without making them look wide or heavy. If an implant is too wide for your body this can give you an appearance of being wider than you really are after an augmentation.

The shape implants in my opinion are a good option for women that want to have a bigger implant and still avoid a fake appearance. Shaped implants are also a good option for patient undergoing breast reconstruction. When patients are using a very small implant the difference between a shaped and a round silicone implant is very small.

The gummy bear implants are the new silicone implants that are more cohesive. Thus the silicone stays together if you were ever to get a leak in the implant. Also patients tend to get less rippling with these implants. The gummy bear implants come in both the round and shaped implants. The round implants typically cost $700 each and the shaped implants are $1000 each.

It is important to see your board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you to an implant that will give you an aesthetically pleasing breast.

Gummy Bear Breast Implants Cost

The price of breast augmentation with cohesive gel breast implants like most procedures vary significantly among regions and even within the same area. We currently charge starting at $3500 + MD Anesthesia related costs for Breast Augmentation with cohesive gel implants.

To ensure quality work at most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. These surgeons must maintain the highest standards to keep accreditation. Moreover, the surgeons are motivated to ensure quality and properly trained staff (to minimize time and frustration in surgery), private and comfortable facilities (to ensure continued referrals), and less waste (to ensure that they can remain competitive financially with other centers).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How much as a gummy bear?

Thank you for your question.  The gummy bear implant was introduced just about a year ago after its final FDA approval.  As you know, it is a teardrop shaped implant.  It must have a thicker silicone inside or would not maintain its teardrop shape.  It is also a textured implant.  It must have a rough surface so that it's takes on the inside.  If this implant does not state and it were to turn sideways or upside down the breast would look abnormal.

Prices will vary from surgeon to surgeon, but in my own practice the gummy bear ads about $1000 to my standard silicone gel fees.  Each implant is about $500 more than a standard silicone gel implant.

As you look it prices with surgeons I recommend that you don't just focus on the dollar amount, but on the experience and confidence of the surgeon that you're looking at.

Good

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Gummy Bear Breast Implant Cost

Typically the form stable "gummy bear implants" cost about five hundred dollars more to purchase. Some high volume surgeon may be able to get them for less.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS