Gummy Bear Breast Implants Cost?

How much is the Gummy bear breast implants surgery? I want to get breast implants and I am very interested in the gummy bear implants but cant find out how much they are. I am having trouble getting a loan to get my surgery done and I want them done before my husband comes home from Iraq.

Cost of Gummy Bear Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

That’s a wonderful question! NO difference in cost from the other silicone gel implants.

You’re absolutely right; the variability in pricing for implants themselves is a point of confusion for many patients. It all boils down to how much the surgeon acquires the implants for, and what value they attribute to the implant for you, as the consumer. We do not charge extra for the Gummy Bear implants while others may.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs is $5,000 - $7,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

The ever elusive "Gummy Bear"!

Hi lttlmssqn, "Gummy Bear Implant" is a fun marketing term, but it can be misleading as it used to describe various silicone implants brands and types. I think it also tends to mislead patients into thinking other "non gummy bear implants" are inferior. All silicone breast implants in the US market today are cohesive gel. This means the silicone is thick gel and not runny like syrup. The only difference is the fill (how much silicone gel is in the implant shell, how "full" it is) and how thick that silicone gel is. The actual term usually meant by saying "Gummy Bear" is a Form Stable Implant. This simply means the silicone gel is the most cohesive available and usually at a very high fill amount inside the implant shell. (Think gummy bear in shrink wrap versus jello in a ziplock bag!) Form stable silicone implants used to only come in a textured shaped implant, but as of this last month are now available in a smooth round implant as well. 

In my practice, Form Stable implants are double the price of regular cohesive gel implants. This is reflective of my costs from the manufacturer. Make sure and get specifics on the implant costs for specific devices from the surgeons you see. The cost of breast implant surgery will vary a great deal beyond just the costs of the implant depending on what part of the country you live in, how experienced your surgeon is, what type of anesthesia is used, so there are many variables. 

One thing I can tell you is I don't consider every patient a candidate for form stable implants, so I encourage you to see multiple board certified plastic surgeons who can set realistic expectations based on the goal you want to achieve, not the product you may think that you want. We see many patients that make requests, but they don't exactly know what they're saying. For example, "I want High Profile implants." This patient could just want to look a certain way and thinks this implant is what will give her that outcome. An experienced surgeon will let you know when what you're asking for is not going to give you the outcome you requested and help educate you. A lesser surgeon will just say "Okay!" and move forward, leaving you responsible when you're unhappy with the outcome. Choose wisely!

Every surgeon has determined what they feel is appropriate for their expertise and time performing this procedure and taking care of you following the procedure. But what is most important is that after you have done this screening and met with your potential surgeon that YOU feel confident in your choice. You have to stay in budget, but there are MANY other factors to consider! Good luck to you!

William Aiello, MD

Gummy bears are more expensive

The gummy bear implants themselves cost about $1000 more than the regular silicone implants. For me this is around $7000. 

Gummy Bear Implants

Deciding on which implant to use is always a difficult decision for women. The benefit is that in this day and age is that there are so many choices of implants that the augmentation can be tailored to each patient.

Truly the best thing that you can do is be open with your surgeon about your desired results so they can help guide you in choosing the best implant for you.

I would spend time trying on various implants in your surgeons office and don’t be afraid to do this more than once. Also bring your surgeon pictures of what you want to look like after your procedure. This will make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page about your implant desires.

The shaped implants can help decrease the round appearance that some women are afraid of having after their breast augmentation. First of all I would tell you that by using a silicone gel implant, whether it is round or shaped will help decrease the chance that you are going to look fake. The silicone implants are much softer and give people a more natural appearance than the saline implant ever did for patients.

Patients tend to worry about getting a high profile implant because they worry that it is going to make them look overly fake. This was true with the saline implants. This is not true with the silicone implants. The new implants can give patients a very nice natural soft appearance in the higher profile and larger sizes.

The important decision is to find an implant that fits your body frame. You want an implant that is almost the same size of your breast. This will give patients the medial fullness they desire without making them look wide or heavy. If an implant is too wide for your body this can give you an appearance of being wider than you really are after an augmentation.

The shape implants in my opinion are a good option for women that want to have a bigger implant and still avoid a fake appearance. Shaped implants are also a good option for patient undergoing breast reconstruction. When patients are using a very small implant the difference between a shaped and a round silicone implant is very small.

The gummy bear implants are the new silicone implants that are more cohesive. Thus the silicone stays together if you were ever to get a leak in the implant. Also patients tend to get less rippling with these implants. The gummy bear implants come in both the round and shaped implants. The round implants typically cost $700 each and the shaped implants are $1000 each.

It is important to see your board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you to an implant that will give you an aesthetically pleasing breast.

Price Varies

Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, Ontario, this can range from $7000 to $9500. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees.

Gummy Bear Breast Implant Cost

Typically the form stable "gummy bear implants" cost about five hundred dollars more to purchase. Some high volume surgeon may be able to get them for less.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

"GUMMY BEAR" IMPLANTS

Shaped "gummy bear" implants are the most expensive of the Natrelle gel implants.  The total cost of a breast augmentation using this style of implant ranges from $6800 to $7200.  Contact qualified physicians in your area for more precise pricing.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Cost of breast implants

Thanks for the  question. Implants very in cost in many ways. They vary from geographic location. They vary from surgeon to surgeon, generally speaking the larger volume surgeons have a lower cost. The surgeon may charge a mark up, although I don't, I don't and I don't think this is generally the practice. They vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Finally, in today's world the more cohesive the implant the more expensive the implant. So for example, in Allergan's Natrelle line, Cohesive gel costs more than Soft touch gel which in turn costs more than Inspira gel and Classic gel. Mentor has a similar pricing structure. Remember that "Gummy Bear", was a term used by a plastic surgeon to describe the early cohesive, or one the holds its shape, better than the older generation of silicone. However, in todays implants all are cohesive, some are more form stable than others. All implants are chemically and risk of leak is the same.  However, the companies are reporting slightly lower rates of capsular hardening with the more cohesive implants. I feel safe using all types of implants. I choose implants based on the specific need for upper pole fulness of the patient and her desires. In general I recommend using the lowest price implant that does the job best. Lots of choices, good luck!

Daniel Bortnick, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Gummy Bear Impalnts

Gummy bear implants are cohesive gel implants. They can cost upwards of $1000 more. In my area of the country breast augmentation varies in price from $3800-7700. Please have an open conversation with a board certified plastic surgeon about the type of implants you would like to have. Also in their office they should have a few options for financing the surgery. Best of luck 

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon