Gummy Bear Breast Implants Cost?

How much is the Gummy bear breast implants surgery? I want to get breast implants and I am very interested in the gummy bear implants but cant find out how much they are. I am having trouble getting a loan to get my surgery done and I want them done before my husband comes home from Iraq.

The ever elusive "Gummy Bear"!

Hi lttlmssqn, "Gummy Bear Implant" is a fun marketing term, but it can be misleading as it used to describe various silicone implants brands and types. I think it also tends to mislead patients into thinking other "non gummy bear implants" are inferior. All silicone breast implants in the US market today are cohesive gel. This means the silicone is thick gel and not runny like syrup. The only difference is the fill (how much silicone gel is in the implant shell, how "full" it is) and how thick that silicone gel is. The actual term usually meant by saying "Gummy Bear" is a Form Stable Implant. This simply means the silicone gel is the most cohesive available and usually at a very high fill amount inside the implant shell. (Think gummy bear in shrink wrap versus jello in a ziplock bag!) Form stable silicone implants used to only come in a textured shaped implant, but as of this last month are now available in a smooth round implant as well. 

In my practice, Form Stable implants are double the price of regular cohesive gel implants. This is reflective of my costs from the manufacturer. Make sure and get specifics on the implant costs for specific devices from the surgeons you see. The cost of breast implant surgery will vary a great deal beyond just the costs of the implant depending on what part of the country you live in, how experienced your surgeon is, what type of anesthesia is used, so there are many variables. 

One thing I can tell you is I don't consider every patient a candidate for form stable implants, so I encourage you to see multiple board certified plastic surgeons who can set realistic expectations based on the goal you want to achieve, not the product you may think that you want. We see many patients that make requests, but they don't exactly know what they're saying. For example, "I want High Profile implants." This patient could just want to look a certain way and thinks this implant is what will give her that outcome. An experienced surgeon will let you know when what you're asking for is not going to give you the outcome you requested and help educate you. A lesser surgeon will just say "Okay!" and move forward, leaving you responsible when you're unhappy with the outcome. Choose wisely!

Every surgeon has determined what they feel is appropriate for their expertise and time performing this procedure and taking care of you following the procedure. But what is most important is that after you have done this screening and met with your potential surgeon that YOU feel confident in your choice. You have to stay in budget, but there are MANY other factors to consider! Good luck to you!

Gummy bears are more expensive

The gummy bear implants themselves cost about $1000 more than the regular silicone implants. For me this is around $7000. 

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD

Price Varies

Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, Ontario, this can range from $7000 to $9500. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Gummy Bear Implants

Deciding on which implant to use is always a difficult decision for women. The benefit is that in this day and age is that there are so many choices of implants that the augmentation can be tailored to each patient.

Truly the best thing that you can do is be open with your surgeon about your desired results so they can help guide you in choosing the best implant for you.

I would spend time trying on various implants in your surgeons office and don’t be afraid to do this more than once. Also bring your surgeon pictures of what you want to look like after your procedure. This will make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page about your implant desires.

The shaped implants can help decrease the round appearance that some women are afraid of having after their breast augmentation. First of all I would tell you that by using a silicone gel implant, whether it is round or shaped will help decrease the chance that you are going to look fake. The silicone implants are much softer and give people a more natural appearance than the saline implant ever did for patients.

Patients tend to worry about getting a high profile implant because they worry that it is going to make them look overly fake. This was true with the saline implants. This is not true with the silicone implants. The new implants can give patients a very nice natural soft appearance in the higher profile and larger sizes.

The important decision is to find an implant that fits your body frame. You want an implant that is almost the same size of your breast. This will give patients the medial fullness they desire without making them look wide or heavy. If an implant is too wide for your body this can give you an appearance of being wider than you really are after an augmentation.

The shape implants in my opinion are a good option for women that want to have a bigger implant and still avoid a fake appearance. Shaped implants are also a good option for patient undergoing breast reconstruction. When patients are using a very small implant the difference between a shaped and a round silicone implant is very small.

The gummy bear implants are the new silicone implants that are more cohesive. Thus the silicone stays together if you were ever to get a leak in the implant. Also patients tend to get less rippling with these implants. The gummy bear implants come in both the round and shaped implants. The round implants typically cost $700 each and the shaped implants are $1000 each.

It is important to see your board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you to an implant that will give you an aesthetically pleasing breast.

Johnny Franco, MD, FACS

Gummy Bear Breast Implant Cost

Typically the form stable "gummy bear implants" cost about five hundred dollars more to purchase. Some high volume surgeon may be able to get them for less.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cost of Gummy Bear Breast Augmentation

That’s a wonderful question! NO difference in cost from the other silicone gel implants.

You’re absolutely right; the variability in pricing for implants themselves is a point of confusion for many patients. It all boils down to how much the surgeon acquires the implants for, and what value they attribute to the implant for you, as the consumer. We do not charge extra for the Gummy Bear implants while others may.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs is $5,000 - $7,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

Carlos O. Chacon, MD, MBA
Chula Vista Physician

How To Figure Out Gummy Bear Implant Cost

Some surgeons publish their prices, others do not. And prices vary based on many factors. 

But when it comes to pricing Gummy Bear implants, it is safe to assume that they will cost about $1000 to $1500 more than round silicone implants. 

If a doctor gives you a price for a breast augmentation with silicone implants, add $1000 to get to the total price of the procedure with the Gummy Bear implants. If the doctor gives you a range, the higher end of the range is probably for the Gummy Bear implants.

I hope that answers your question on gummy bear implants. It’s great that you’re doing this research. I always say that the best patients are informed patients.

You might also want to research your options for breast implants. Choosing the right implant is the number one concern among women considering breast augmentation. Did you know, there’s actually a way to select a implant shape, size, and profile that is perfect for you?

A term that I use with my patients for the perfect implant is the “Pony Implant”.

So what do I mean by “perfect”? Well, a Pony Implant has three qualities to it. First, the implant meets your beauty goals. For example, you want to your breasts to look fuller while still appearing natural.

Second, when you chose your Pony Implant, you walk out of your consultation 100% confident that you’ve chosen the right shape and size for you. In other words, you won’t be second guessing your decision, and you won’t be afraid of having gone too big or too small.

And third, after your procedure, you are thrilled with your results, and say, "I’m so happy. This is exactly what I wanted!"

That’s the Pony Implant. And the great news is that there is a simple process to go about finding yours.

This issue of selecting the right implant is so important when it comes to patient satisfaction or dissatisfaction that, again, I really encourage you to learn more about it.

Thank you for reading and best of luck on your journey!

William Rahal, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Consultation to Determine Cost

The price of your breast augmentation procedure can vary by as much as thousands of dollars, depending on a number of factors. The surgeon’s reputation and experience, the facilities in which the operation is done, and your geographic location are each factors to take into consideration. And, generally speaking, well-known surgeons tend to charge higher prices than surgeons that are less known or who have not been practicing as long. To better determine how much a gummy bear breast implant costs near where you live, and to help calculate how much the procedure will cost you, consult with at least two or three surgeons in your area.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Cost of implants varies depending upon several factors.

There are a range of fees involved in breast augmentation surgery, including the facility where you get the procedure done, surgeon’s fees, anesthesia, pre and postoperative care, and the cost of the implant. A pair of gummy bear implants cost roughly $1000 more than standard silicone gel implants. I’d predict a price tag between $7000 and $9000 for breast augmentation with gummy bear implants. I recommend looking into CareCredit to possibly help finance your procedure. It’s a patient payment program specifically dedicated for health and beauty needs.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Gummy Bear Breast Implants Cost

The price of breast augmentation with cohesive gel breast implants like most procedures vary significantly among regions and even within the same area. We currently charge starting at $3500 + MD Anesthesia related costs for Breast Augmentation with cohesive gel implants.

To ensure quality work at most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. These surgeons must maintain the highest standards to keep accreditation. Moreover, the surgeons are motivated to ensure quality and properly trained staff (to minimize time and frustration in surgery), private and comfortable facilities (to ensure continued referrals), and less waste (to ensure that they can remain competitive financially with other centers).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS