Do I really need a breast uplift? Or will enhancement give me the result I want?

I wanted to get BA to restore a bit of fullness to my breasts particularly in the upper part bit also more volume in the bottom, i just want them to feel and look more filled out, firmer and rounder, but a surgeon has reviewed my photo and suggested I need an uplift which I am disapointed about as I didnt want the scarring and I thought I had a pretty good shape and nipple position still for 45, opinions appreciated please Doc's!

Breast augmentation with Dual Plane method

Based on the photos my opinion is that breast augmentation alone will give you a very satisfactory result. Obviously the technique that each doctor applies will give a different result. I think that a dual plane technique with the appropriate implants for your chest is the correct procedure. Breast lift would be a mistake.

Hello. You apparently have excellent breast aesthetics for any age and would be best served with a dual plane breast augmentation. Consult an experienced BCPS. 
Good Luck 

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for post an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. You'll want to use a high or moderate profile implant to give your breasts a small lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. You will also need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Lift required?

Hello, if there is only a little sagging of the breasts, often implants alone will provide the desired improvement in breast shape and fullness.  A proper consultation including physical examination would be required to determine whether implants alone are likely to provide your desired result.

Do I really need a breast uplift? Or will enhancement give me the result I want

An implant will make you fuller, firmer and rounder as there will be more fullness in the upper part of the breast. The limitation is the position of your new breast mound, which will remain the same. You will look a little saggy, but natural with the implant alone.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation to restore volume and fullness

Thank you for posting your photo and questions. Based on your photo, it appears that you would be a good candidate for breast augmentation however, an in-person exam with a board certified plastic surgeon is necessary to make a final decision. If you are concerned with scarring from a mastopexy then you can start by having a breast augmentation without a lift. If you find in the future that the skin is thin and losing elasticity causing your breasts to sag, you can always have a second surgery for the mastopexy.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Lift?

Thank you for your question and photo. You will probably receive different feedback from different surgeons. An in-person exam is the best way to determine your needs. If your level of deflation/sagging is borderline and nipples have not descended to or below the IMF crease, implants placed above the muscle, without a lift, can be a good option. Your choice of procedure will depend on your aesthetic goals. A larger, projecting implant placed in the sub mammary position can "fluff" out deflated tissue and perk up the nipples somewhat. The breasts will have a slightly low, natural contour still. If you want/expect very perky breasts and elevated nipples you will need to consider a breast lift.
I recommend that you book in-person consultations with Board certified Plastic Surgeons whose work appeals to you.
All the best

Breast augmentation without a lift could achieve your goals

From the picture you posted, it appears that you could achieve your desired goals with breast implants alone. Implants often give the illusion of lift as well. After 9 months when the implants have fully settled, if you feel your breasts aren't perky enough, you could always get a lift at that time. Hope this info helps and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Avoid a lift if you can

Hi Allnew,
I agree that you should get a good result from implants alone and would be best to avoid the scarring if you can.  
Feel free to come along to my webinar where I discuss what is involved in choosing implants and what can be achieved by the different shapes and profiles.

Lift or no lift??

Based on the photo that you have provided, it appears that you will get the look that you want with an implant alone. You can always have a breast lift done at a second procedure if desired.   You will get some degree of a breast lift from an augmentation alone in this may be just the amount of lift that you need.  It is difficult to comment further without additional photographs and a physical exam.  You may want to get a second opinion before deciding on which surgery is right for you. Best regards.