Cyst, acne scars and sebaceous hyperplasia on nose. Would CO2 laser help?

My nose is very oily compared to the rest of my face and includes acne scars,sebaceous hyperplasia and a cyst.I am considering removing the cyst which will obviously give me a scar,but I was also considering to take fractional co2 lasers.I was told that if I dont remove the cyst,it will return.Would the co2 laser help with the scar left from the cyst?If I decide to remove the cyst,could I take the co2 lasers right away?Or should I do only the co2 laser?

Thanks for your query. I would prefer you to go for a proper medication for the sebaceous hyperplasia and the cyst. Once that is over then you can go in for co2 fractional laser over the mark for its proper healing. Before that it might land you in more vigorous infection. You consult a dermatologist before going on for the procedure. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Nose cyst and acne scaring co2 treatments

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Difficult problem to address. The cyst has walls that the laser will not address. removal first followed by co2 laser should help. Let the healing take course, and consider the CO2 laser treatment 3 months later. make sure that you are on antibiotics to prevent flaring of the symptoms

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Cyst and CO2 lasering

The CO2 laser works the best out of all the modalities I have used for sebaceous hyperplasia and skin thickening. If you remove the cyst you can have the CO2 laser done when you remove the sutures. The Co2 laser will help with the scarring but it alone will do nothing for the cyst. My recommendation is to do both as you will get the best results and hopefully find it worth your time and money.

Aric K. Park, MD