Is it common to remove a mucous cyst on lip and not put in stitches? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Mucocele of lip - why no sutures?
- I agree with you about your care.
- This procedure could be easily done with sutures to close the tissue - if the surgery was needed at all.
- Your ENT instead used cautery, leaving an open wound.
- I hope s/he gave you instructions on care -
- Follow the instructions, let it heal and see an plastic surgeon in six months if the result is poor - and for any future lip surgery.
Is it common to remove a mucous cyst on lip and not put in stitches?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.