Is it common to remove a mucous cyst on lip and not put in stitches? (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
Mucocele of lip - why no sutures?
- I agree with you about your care.
- This procedure could be easily done with sutures to close the tissue - if the surgery was needed at all.
- Your ENT instead used cautery, leaving an open wound.
- I hope s/he gave you instructions on care -
- Follow the instructions, let it heal and see an plastic surgeon in six months if the result is poor - and for any future lip surgery.
Is it common to remove a mucous cyst on lip and not put in stitches?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.