Sebaceous cyst on my scalp removal cost?

I am looking to have a sebaceous cyst on my scalp removed approx 1 inch and would like to know what doctor can perform this procedure in my area and the cost . Your answer is appreciated as I don't have a family doctor .
See average cost for Lipoma Removal

To see doctors in your local area, please click here. 

#Lipoma Removal

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Removal of sebaceous cyst on scalp

A sebaceous cyst on the scalp can normally be removed as a minor surgical procedure in the office.  The cost will vary by surgeon.  I would recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Lipoma Removal - cyst on my scalp; removal cost?

You'll have to see some doctors in your area to get a specific cost since it varies widely from area to area.  You can call the offices to see if you can get an idea of what the cost will be, but you may need to be seen in person to get an exact price.  The consult fee, if any, can sometimes be applied to the surgical fee (you can ask when you call them to see what the policy is).  To find a board-certified plastic surgeon near you, you can visit the ASPS site at surgery dot org.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Thank you for sharing your question.  Because of the interest in preserving as many hair follicles to avoid an area of hair loss, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for removal.  This should be able to be performed in their office at a nominal fee.  Hope this helps.