Gallstones and tummy tuck?

Hi I found out about my gallstones in a routine checkup post pregnancy. I never had any pain and symptoms of stones. My TT surgery is in 12 days is it going to affect my surgery by anychance can my doctor say that I can't go for surgery. Thank you

Gall stones and Tummy tuck

Having gallstones is not unusual and quite a few patients have these without any symptoms. You may want to seek a specialist opinion on whether anything needs to be done about them. Gall stones that are moblie do carry a risk of going in to the ducts and blocking them resulting in acute problems. If this is the case then you may be advised to undergo a cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder) procedure. These procedures are done laparoscopically (key hole) these days and will not affect your having a tummy tuck procedure. There is no problem with going ahead with your tummy tuck procedure as scheduled. 

Leeds Plastic Surgeon

Likely not

Many people have gallstones without any symptoms. They are picked up on a routine ultrasound or CT done for other reasons including pregnancy. You may never have symptoms which would be great. I don't see any reason to delay your tummy tuck. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Gallstones and tummy tuck?

Assuming you have asymptomatic cholelithiasis (gallstones with no symptoms), you should be able to proceed with tummy tuck surgery. Best to confirm with your physicians prior to proceeding. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.