Is shaving bad 10-14 days (2 weeks) post Dermapen treatment for acne scars? I shave everyday and can barely get through 2 weeks.

Been doing Dermapen treatment for maybe 10 months. 5-6 treatments, noticed some affect in smoothing out my acne scars, but I feel like I'm wasting money. I am a person who cannot grow a beard, is bald, and likes to keep a Babyface. First treatment the dermatologist said "make sure not to shave for 2 weeks after this and I've been doing it. Now it has come to a point where she is saying "try and shave at the most once or twice a week between sessions."

Fractional lasers and Ematrix RF for acne scars

It all depends on the depth of the derma pen. If recovery is bad with your derma pen, I would suggest a more refined procedure such as Ematrix RF and fractional Clear and Brilliant laser.Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Dermapen Results and Shaving -- Seek an Expert

I suggest shaving prior to treatment with Dermapen and then allowing a few days in between treatments before shaving again. Please discuss your concerns with your provider as well, they will know what is best for your skin care regarding shaving. Best, Dr. Emer

Shaving after microneedling

Hi, I allow my patients to shave after 3-5 days depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. The micro channels that are created are healed within a few days, and in my opinion shaving between treatments doesn't affect your results one way or the other.  

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist