Does dermapen (micro-needling) work for ice pick scars?

I have several ice pick scars on my face. I've read about lasers and other treatments, but nobody really gives clear answers about this treatment. If it does work, what kind of improvement can I expect?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination approach. Surgery, subcision, or TCA cross is best for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars. Eclipse Micropen/ microneedling is suitable for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone. I suggest consulting with an expert for an in person evaluation and to discuss treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Microneedling with PRP for ice pick scars

Hello and thank you for your question. Micro-needling is very effective for minimizing depressed scars, such as ice pick scars, in all skin types. There are several advantages to using this method. It is more cost effective than lasers with minimal down time. Micro-needling can also be done near the eyes and on other areas that would not be safe for chemical peels or lasers. It allows scarred areas to be treated without treating the entire face or blending treatment edges. No visible line is formed between treated and untreated skin after microneedling like is commonly seen after other resurfacing procedures. Also there is no risk of photosensitivity or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation because the top layers of skin are never removed. Microchannels created during the procedure close quickly so the risk of infection is extremely low. Micro-needling acne scars causes thickening of the skin and a dramatic increase in new collagen and elastin. Skin texture continues to improve over a 12 month period as new collagen is made. Results vary between patients and the number of treatments needed varies depending on the individual’s collagen response, condition of the skin being treated and on the desired result. Most patients are happy with the results of 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart. Hope this helps! Dr Faraz