Juvederm volift traveled under eye area, advice needed?

Hello, I had juvederm voluma injected in my mid cheek and NL fold region 3 months ago, doc said the juvederm would last up to 12-18 months.. 3 months in the filler seems to have condiderably worn off, but now i can feel a moving filler lump right under my under eye area.. Could it have migrated? What should i do.. Ever since the procedure ive been feeling pressure on this side of my eye area when i lie flat, intially felt nerve pain throbbing to which settled in 2 weeks, My UK doc abroad based.

Migrated filler

Thank you for your question NatashaZ. I understand your concern. Vollure is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the appearance of wrinkles and folds on the face. Your concern would be best addressed with a formal exam. If filler has migrated it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Migrated filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Reversing filler with Hyaluronidase in Los Angeles

I would suggest Hidef Hyaluronidase injections to eliminate the residual filler in the area of concern. Results with HA fillers is excellent. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Filler Migration Months Later

Filler cannot migrate months after injection unless it is silicone.  Please see your physician or consider a formal consultation with an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler Migration Months Later

Voluma treatments can be adjusted at a later date.

Hi Natasha.  Sometimes people have some swelling after a filler treatment.  This can cause discomfort, and it can hide little irregularities in the fillers.  Once the swelling goes down, it looks like some of the filler wore off, and the irregularites become more apparent.  

One of the wonderful things about Voluma and the other hyaluronic acid fillers is that they can be adjusted at any time.  Your doctor can smooth the lump in the office.  If necessary, the lump can be easily dissolved with a tiny injection.  There is no need to wait for the filler to wear off.  Your doctor will want to make these small adjustments for you, so that both of you are happy with the results.    

Nancy Swartz, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Ophthalmologist

Nancy Swartz, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Ophthalmologist

Did my filler migrate?

I have never seen a case where I was convinced that the filler migrated. It generally stays where you place it. For your concerns, you need to go back to the person who did the injections and ask them.

Did my filler migrate?

Juvederm Voluma traveled under eye area.

Thank you for your question.  Based on the change of your under eye area, I would recommend you see your injector for an evaluation and determination of what this eye lump may be, as once injected Voluma does not readily migrate.