If some Juvederm Volift migrates right under eye, what's the worst that could happen?

Hello, I got some juvederm volift injected im mid cheek and NL folds. However I can feel some filler right under my eye area ( under lashline) what should i do? Whats the worst that could happen? I have also been feeling sone nerve pressure and strange tingling sensation around my temples and eye socket area, it comes and goes.. Not experienced anything like it before.. My injector is based abroad, so i cant visit her..Please advice me on a course of action to take in my situation??

Voluma under eyes

Hi. It would be unusual for Juvederm Voluma to migrate, especially if properly injected in the cheeks and nasolabial fold. It is more likely that some product was actually injected in the eyelid (an area that Voluma is too thick for). It is also possible that you have some bruising or swelling of the eyelids from the injection, or there could be a totally unrelated process occurring. You really need to be examined to determine what is going on. I would consult with a surgeon in your area that is an experienced injector. Hope this helps. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm issues

If the product was injected too superficially, it may appear lumpy (like sausage links).  Good news is that it can be melted away within a couple hours with an injection of Hyaluronidase.  As far as any dangerous side effects, these would be noticed almost immediately, assuming that your injector is well-trained.  Thanks for your question and please let us know if we can help in the future.  Best regards.  

If some Juvederm Voluma migrated right under eye, what's the worst that could happen?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your symptoms.  It would be difficult for Voluma to have migrated under your eye area after injection into the mid cheek and NL folds as it is a very thick gel.  In order to best determine what may be taking place I would recommend seeing if a board certified plastic surgeon would be willing to see you in consultation to determine what the lower eyelid mass is. 

Hello NatashaZ,

Ideally you should be injected by someone you can follow up with if you have concerns.  Your expense may be less out of the country but the regulations on what is performed is much higher in the United States.  With regards to your treatment, if you can feel but not see the product, there isn't much to worry about.  It would also be quite strange that the product would have moved that far unless you were actively pushing it there.  It may be something else you are feeling under your eyelashes.  There is a nerve near the tear trough area.  If this is being compressed then it can lead to numbness over your cheek which may or may not be permanent.  

I would recommend you follow up with a physician injector in your area to evaluate you.  There will likely be a charge for it, but there is no substitute for an in person evaluation to help determine what is going on.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon