When to fix excess skin on side of boob? (photos)

I am having a facelift and armlift this nov and next april I am having a breast lift and tummy tuck. What I want to know is regarding the side of boob excess skin. Should this be addressed with the armlift or later with the breast lift. I still have to lose another 25 lbs before I can do either.

First, let me congratulate you on your weight loss. I suggest that you lose the weight down to a weight that you can maintain before having your surgery. The extra skin and fat lateral to your breast and just under your axilla will probably have to be excised to achieve the tightness that you will probably want. This can be done when you have your mastopexy (uplift) or it can be done separately. Your plastic surgeon may suggest a liposuction for this area, and that will certainly reduce the volume of fat, but I suspect you will continue to have too much excess skin. With a personal examination your plastic surgeon can determine whether you need the above-mentioned skin excision as well as a liposuction. Stick with your diet, and you will be a much healthier person with more longevity. Best of luck to you, and thank you for your question and photos.

When to fix excess skin on side of boob?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

When to fix excess skin on side of boob

In cases such as yours, I prefer to do the side of the chest correction at the time of the breast reduction. The incision will need to be extended onto the lateral chest wall to remove that roll.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast contouring

Dear Cor.lin,
Both a breast lift and an arm lift will have an effect on tightening your lateral breast loose skin.  I don't think that it really matters at which point it is addressed.  Tightening of the lateral chest skin will occur with both operations.  See "J" lift.  Good luck!

Excess skin on side of chest

You might want to wait until after your breast lift. Some of this skin may be recruited when performing the lift.

Excess skin of the lateral breast

Thank you for your question.  The tissues you are concerned about are part of the lateral aspects of your breast tissue.  This is most appropriately addressed at the time of your mastopexy (breast lift).  Your surgeon will most likely discuss with you the approaches and incisions needed for both the arm lift (brachioplasty) and the breast lifts (mastopexies).  Planning the incisions can help to limit the length and/or number of scars necessary as both surgeries have incisions that terminate in the area of this tissue excess.  Good luck with your planned surgeries!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Excess side skin

The roll lateral to your breast is very common as I am sure you have seen on others. It would be best to have this corrected at the same time as the mastectomy. Depending on the exam it needs liposuction Skin excision , or both. Good luck.

Thank you for your question.  The skin that extends from the side of your breasts is typically addressed at the time of a breast lift.  Discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon.

Side Breast

Discuss this issue with your surgeon.   From your pictures it appears as though the issue can be improved with liposuction at the time of your breast lift .   The mastopexy incision may need to be extended to remove the excess skin.  After your weight loss is completed, your surgeon will be able to better define the treatment.  Good Luck.