Recommended interval between Radiesse to cheeks and Silhouette soft for lower face.

I am having Radiesse to my cheeks and Silhouette soft, do I really have to wait 2 wks between procedures?

Having Radiesse to my cheeks and Silhouette soft, do I really have to wait 2 wks between procedures?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping and tightening procedures over the past 30 years. While Radiesse can be used for shaping the cheeks, I prefer using Restylane Lift as it creates far less swelling, skin redness and lumpiness.  The non surgical skin tightening can be done 1 week following HA dermal filler placement and in a couple of days after Radiesse (heat from skin treatment will not melt or dissolve Radiesse which is a calcium based dermal filler).

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Think of facial beauty as something that "must" address all layers of the face including the skeletal structure of the cheeks and chin, the overlying SMAS muscle, amount and position of subcutaneous fat and finally the degree of skin laxity. It's an "urban myth" that pulling tissues over flat cheeks and a weak chin can create a beautiful or handsome face. Similarly, dermal fillers or facial implants alone can't lift and remove excess skin from the face and neck. Natural looking beauty is created by the aesthetic vision of what tissue layers need to be adjusted by what technique and amount.

Non surgical skin/tissue tightening has limitations of several mm's while surgical skin removal is often 2 to 3 inches.  The difference is 2-3 mm's versus 50-75 mm's (there are 24.5 m’s in an inch) with surgical removal. So, the answer is yes you can have a non surgical treatment but you have to be realistic about the results provided by non surgical techniques. 

I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.