Has anyone had any experience of the Silhouette soft? (photos)

I had the Silhouette soft treatment three weeks ago and are not completely happy with the result I was told this is what it is like it won't get any better. Is this true I thought once the swelling went down the results would continue to improve for up to 3 months but the physician said no that was the Best it would get

I have had quite a bit of experience with the predecessor of the silhouette soft, the thread lift. Although the manufacturer of the thread lift promised results that would last about five years, I never made such promises. I told the patients that if they were happy with redoing it in 1 to 2 years, then we can proceed. A thread lift never lasted longer than this. The thread lift was a unidirectional notched thread instead of using PLLA cones on an absorbable suture. In any case, although the PLLA will absorb over time and stimulate some college, it will not be enough to hold any substantial amount of tissue for a long period of time. It just does not provide a strong enough and long lasting result. In any case, I do not believe it is beneficial for the patient for any type of suspension to be absorbable over time as this only removes additional support after the patient's internal scar tissue softens (scar is our friend most of the time and is the patient's soft tissue glue). I presume that the dimple marks represent entry points to place the silhouette thread. It is possible that these represent areas  where the cones are more protruding and visible. The bottom line is that there is no nonsurgical substitute for a facelift. The facelift is the gold standard for repositioning of tissue. Skin quality is an entirely different subject and should be treated as a separate problem. I wish you the best.

Silhoutte Lift

The Silhoutte Lift is a type of thread lift which is promoted as an easier, quicker way to lift sagging tissue and rejuvenate the face but unfortunately the results are rarely dramatic and definitely not long lasting. Hopefully your results will improve slightly as healing progresses.

SILHOUETTE SOFT FACE LIFTING

Dear plp, Some patients think that a facelift will give you a pulled unnatural appearance and that the recovery is long lasting and that the procedure is painful. They then undergo other less invasive procedures such as a "thread lift" and have limited results that are short lived. You will not see any further improvements with any lifting and as far as the dimpling is concerned you will need to discuss this with your surgeon. The current problems you have can be corrected at a later date. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Has anyone had any experience of the Silhouette soft?

Many patients are hesitant to undergo a face and neck lift procedure because they believe that the surgery is too radical, takes too long, or will make them look overdone. Unfortunately, many of these patients will look for alternative less invasive treatments to improve their face. Thread lifts are one of these alternatives. While great in theory and possibly beneficial for those with just a slight amount of sagging of their tissues, they just don't produce the same long lasting results as a traditional facelift for those with significant jowling and neck laxity.  At this point, your lifting probably won't improve much, but the dimpling should lessen with more time.

New variation on an old theme

The silhouette soft is a "thread" suspension technique.  The technique of thread suspension has been around for years starting in Eastern Europe with the  Aptos thread lift.  These were gold sutures.  The theory is that it would lift the skin.  Unfortunately, this procedure never really caught on, and the reason it didn't was that the results were short lived.  Today,  there are new manufacturers trying to reinvent the wheel.  Without a consultation,  I would suspect that this will not continue to improve and might relapse within the next few months.  Best of luck.  

Thread lift

pip, my oh my I thought that these procedures had finally been relegated to the history books. These procedures no matter what they cost work poorly and can cause post operative issues. I suggest that you do your homework better next time. See a surgical specialist that is board certified and does "only faces" who knows deep plane techniques and has great photos to see on his/her web's site. See the video. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette soft

Perhaps revising your operation and converting it to a face lift while removing the Silhouette sutureand releasing the skin will give you a better correctionand solve your concerns. Consult with a board certifiedplastic surgeon in your area for a complete evaluation andrecommendations. Best wishes.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

The best is yet to come

From the pits which are present on your lateral cheek it looks like the threads and your tissue reaction are still evolving, so you can expect further improvement up to 3 months after your treatment.

However, as your face tissues seems heavy the amount of improvement that can be achieved with threads is limited and I would recommend to consider a Face Lift.

Boaz Aman, MD
Tel Aviv Plastic Surgeon