What's the difference between a Brazilian butt lift and liposculpture?

I am well aware of what a Brazilian butt lift them is but I keep hearing the word lipostructure from different people so what is the real difference between the two

Brazilian Butt Lift and Liposculpture

"Liposculpture" which literally translates to "sculpting with fat" is a general term used to describe all contouring done via fat removal with or without transfer.   All liposuction and fat grafting procedures fall under "liposculpture."

A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is a liposculpting procedure whereby fat is removed from unwanted areas and transferred to areas of need/deficiency.   BBL is a subtraction and addition procedure.   Removing fat from the flanks and back makes the buttock look a lot better even without adding any fat.  Remember, Michelangelo carved David out of a block of marble by "removing everything that was NOT him."  Therefore, Michelangelo's sculpting of David was an entirely subtraction procedure, there was no "grafting" or "transfer" of marble.   When I perform a BBL, removing everything that is NOT the buttock is the most powerful portion of the procedure.  Adding that unwanted fat back into the buttock is the icing on the cake.  

Marketing terms in BBL

Liposuction and liposculpture are the same thing.

Beverly Hills, CA

Good Afternoon,

The Difference from a Liposculpture and a Brazilian Butt Lift is that a Liposculpture is fat taken out from the abdominal area, upper back and lower back areas. It is done to do a body contouring. A Brazilian Butt lift is the same thing as the Liposculpture the difference is the fat that has been taken out will be used to insert in your buttock. To give you a enhance shape of look.  

Difference between BBL and liposculpture

Liposculpture is a general term used for contouring the body's curves or defining certain areas. BBL combines this liposculpture of the abdomen, flanks and back to accentuate the waist, hips and lower curve of the back. This fat is then processed and meticulously placed back into the buttocks to contour and volumize the buttocks. The affect is dramatic because you are adding in wanted areas and taking away in unwanted areas so these curves are  exaggerated. Make sure that you consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

BBL vs lipo

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Liposculpture

Liposculpture is a fancy word used for liposuction and shaping the body. When performing a brazilian butt lift, I sculpt and accentuate certain areas in order to achieve a beautiful hour glass figure.

Jaime Perez M.D.
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD