What Garment to Use Post BBL? Worried Mine Is Too Tight. (photo)

Im 16 days post-op. Wore garment for 5 days post-of & it came off on day 6 due to circulation problems in stomach. On day 14 it was back on but i feel it's too tight around my butt & Im afraid it may negatively affect final results. I'd like 2 hear the opinion of other surgeons. Should I keep same garment? Change to another one that puts less pressure on buttock area? What is the "stage 1 and stayed 2"? My doc has not mentioned such thing.Please read caption of photos for addtnl info (didnt fit)

Brazilian butt lift and postop garments

In my patients I use a smooth soft garment with no zipper or clips. I don't like a tight garment but I like  the smooth garment. I think the garment does not have to be extremely tight to get a good result. And I think a garment may cause indentations in the skin and problems with the final result.

I think massage may even be more important than the garment. And my patience to do early massages have less pain and better results with more skin contraction. If your garment is making indentations in the skin and may be too tight and you may want talk to Dr. about this.

Tight garments

In general, garments should be snug after liposuction but not after fat grafting.  For this operation, since you've had both then a good combination is important.  The garment you have looks great but sometimes I'll cut a hole out of the bottom from each side.  It relieves the pressure in the area and allows more perfussion to your newly grafted areas.  Hope this helps.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Ask your surgeon, they can make a recommendation for a better fit if needed.

Post-operative garments for compression are frequently utilized following cosmetic surgery.These devices minimize swelling, decrease pain, decrease discomfort and help remodel tissue.
In Brazilian butt lift patients extreme pressure can result in fat cell death.For this reason it’s important that these devices fit snugly, but not too tightly following the Brazilian butt lift procedure.In this situation the goal is to remodel the tissue, not compress and remove swelling.
A large number of devices can accomplish these goals.The device is actually less important than the fit of the device.If you have questions regarding this issue, it’s important to have a discussion with your surgeon.Your surgeon should be able to direct you to the appropriate device.

What Garment to Use Post BBL? Worried Mine Is Too Tight

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on having BBL surgery. I advise my patients to use a compression garment 23 hrs a day for two weeks then switch to a contour garment. The fat grafted area should not be tight.  Make sure you follow your surgeons recommendations. Best Wishes

What Garment to Use Post BBL? Worried Mine Is Too Tight.

Thank you for your question, After a liposuction and fat transfer you are require to wear a garment to help your shape and to reduce the swelling process. The garment i use for my patients are tight but soft on liposuction areas and a soft material on Buttocks area. Best luck.

Orlando Llorente, MD

Thank you for the question. In my office patients wear a surgical garment for the first 1-2 days. This garment is relatively tight. After the first 1-2 days, patients wear Spanx (or similar) for an additional 3-6 weeks. Target sells garments that are similar to Spanx, and are cheaper. This style of garment is more comfortable and less compressive.

Compressive Garments & BBL

Hi and great question!
I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.

Each Surgeon has a slightly different protocol; and therefore, the most important thing is to check with your surgeon.  

A stage 1 vs Stage 2 compressive garment refers to your stage of post op recovery.  A stage 1 garment is for the early post op period and the garments are made with extra access points to allow for you to more easily go to the bathroom and take the garment on/off.  A stage 2 garment is for the later post op period and looks very similar to a compressive garment you can buy at a department store (i.e. Spanx).  In the later post op period, we usually have patients go to the department store and purchase those garments.  

I favor full length compressive garments that have a mesh or have been designed to have "less" pressure on the buttocks.  I have not (yet) found one brand that is superior to another.  At our office we typically utilize the "Design Veronique" Brand Garments.    

Personally, I think compressive garments are necessary because the garments help to treat a number of the post operative symptoms:
  • Bruising and swelling are expected for the recovery. Bruising typically takes 1 to 2 weeks to subside. The swelling takes longer and doesn't start to decrease until 3 to 4 weeks after surgery. It will typically take a total of 3 months for the majority of the swelling to be gone.
  • Firmness is also expected. This is partially due to swelling and partially a reaction to the liposuction. It also take at least 6 weeks to 3 months to soften. Starting at about 1 to 2 weeks after surgery; I encourage massage to soften the areas.
  • Compressive garments are worn at all times, except when showering, for the first 6 weeks. This helps to decrease swelling and depending on the amount of swelling that is present this may be extended to up to 3 months.
Best of Luck!

Sincerely, 
Matthew J Nykiel
Butt Augmentation Specialist
#RealSelfTopDoctor
#RealSelfCoreDoctor

Your garment should not apply significant pressure on the areas to which the fat was transferred to.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Garments and Brazilian Butt Lifts

Garments are necessary for body contouring.  It helps redrape the skin over your core.  No garment should be excessively tight.  It should support and not strangulate.  Stage I and II garments are use to give different amounts of compression.  Stage one giving more compression than Stage II.  Your PS should be monitoring your response to your garments at your follow up appointments.  

Dr. ES

Garments post brazilian butt lift.

This garment you are wearing looks sufficient enough for you post brazilian butt lift. Keep in mind you need to keep the area's that you had liposuction compressed for best results. I recommend patients to wear Spanx post surgery. Best of luck in your recovery.

Jaime Perez, MD