Clear fluid filled blisters on my upper lip. Any suggestions? (photos)

One month ago I had juvedurm filler inmy lips and everything went perfect. After that I felt small bumps in the inner part of my upper lip. They were not painful or anything I just felt something with my tongue so I just ignored it. 2 weeks ago I noticed more bumps. They are clear and clean. They look like mucuceles but on upper lip. I havent been in a sexual relationship for a long time. Now i have about 5 of them

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Most likely these blisters are small bumps of residual juvederm and if troublesome can be dissolved by your injector, though it may affect your lip augmentation results.  See your lip injector for an in-person evaluation.  They can better determine what the bumps are and how best to treat them. Best wishes.

Blisters on the Upper Lip

It is difficult to tell from the photo if these are herpes simplex virus or from the product.  Please return to your treating physician for examination and decide the best treatment.  Dr. Green

Lip Bubbles

The treatments vary significantly depending on the cause of the blisters.  It would be unusual to develop blisters one month out from your Juvederm although it is possible.  If the lesions are cold sores, you may need some antiviral meds.  I would begin by checking in with your PS then perhaps your internist.  Best of luck.

Blisters After Juvederm Injections

Thank you for your question!  These small bumps could be several things - the Juvederm filler itself or cold sores.  I would recommend following back up with your experienced injector.  You may need treatment with an anti-viral or you can have some of the product dissolved.  Best of luck to you!

Juvederm followed by clear lip bumps

Thank you for your question about your Juvederm.

• The most likely explanation is that you have cold sores inside your mouth but they are usually painful.
  • Almost everyone in the USA is now a carrier for the virus that causes cold sores.
  • It is also possible that these are dilated lip salivary glands
  • Or they may be tiny droplets of Juvederm under the lip mucosa..
  • I suggest you return to the doctor who treated you for diagnosis and treatment.
  • Cold sores usually rapidly respond to antiviral medicine - 
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.