I Frown Without Even Realizing It, How Can I Stop This Worried, Angry and Concerned Facial Expression of Mine? (photo)

I have recently been told at work and even when out with friends I have a worried, angry and/or concerned facial expression even though I am not stressed and have very little concerns. I’m a 23 year old male and tend to frown a lot without even knowing it. I notice it more after work as I work in an office environment and use a computer most of the day. My eyebrows tend to feel overworked as though I have given them a good workout, mostly in-between the brows.

Reducing frown lines

It is important to reduce squinting, so wearing sunglasses outdoors, and minimizing squinting at the computer (by looking away, resting the eyes, going for breaks) are important. Ultimately however, botulinum toxin like Botox is a particularly safe and effective way to treat the frown area and reduce this appearance of looking tired and stressed.  Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Frown Lines

Botox is a safe, effective, and well-studied treatment for the area specifically between the brows, or the "glabellar" lines. Consulting with an experienced injector for number of units and placement is the first step to relaxing that area and softening that "angry" or "concerned" look you are trying to avoid.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Botox

Botox is a great option to help relax the "frown lines" between our brows.  It works by relaxing the muscles that cause these lines to form.  It lasts anywhere from 3-4 months and is safe and effective.  It will not only improve the cosmetic appearance of these lines but will also help relieve some of the tension you feel in your brows.

Neena Will, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox helps vertical frown lines on the forehead

Botox is an easy and effective treatment for lines created by facial muscles, especially in the glabella, which is the area in between the eyebrows.  The injections take just a few minutes, and take effect within 4-5 days.  Full effects are seen by two week, and the results will last for ~4 months on average.  You will be surprised how much this simple procedure can soften your appearance and brighten your countenance.  Make sure to seek an experienced injector and they can give you all the details about your Botox treatment.  Best wishes!

Michael Bowman, MD
Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for your frown lines

Botox will help relax your frown lines and make you appear much happier.  It is a simple procedure in experienced hands.  You will need to repeat it every 3 to 4 months initially, and then the effect tends to last longer.  After a year or so,  you may only require Botox twice a year.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for frown lines

Botox is so easy and safe and works great for frown lines.  Dysport or Xeomin also, same idea.  Find an experienced practioner near you. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox & Frown lines

Dear Celiott, your frown lines will respond very well to Botox injections. These are done in office. Results appear after 3-6 days & effect lasts 3-6 months. The tendency to frown will decrease with repeated injections. 

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox/Dysport works great to help train the frown lines from frowning.

Botox/Dysport injections to the frown lines will give a great result and possibly help train the muscles from frowning between the eyebrows for roughly $300 and lasts 3-5 months and is easy to undergo with no downtime.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for frown lines

You are a great candidate for Botox, Xeomin which are injectable products, which are useful for relaxing muscular contraction.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Botox works for frown lines - dynamic lines will lead to static lines in future

If you do this without realizing it, you have intensely pronounced dynamic lines of the glabella area - also known as the 11s. Over time, if you continue to work these muscles the way you are now, you will get static lines here - meaning you won't be moving your muscles, but the lines will be ever present. To get this to stop, you need to stop those muscles from being able to move or contract, and stop the dynamic lines from being created. Botox or Dysport are great solutions for this. Consult a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for a possible treatment.