What type of procedure would be required to get angular cheekbones such as the individuals below? (Photo)

Angular Cheekbones

To get high and well defined cheekbones in a male, one has to have the right type of facial tissues (thin) and the proper cheek implant style and size. It is a look that is not achievable in all men no matter what type of cheek implants that are used. Injectable fillers can not create this look because they only provide a soft push of the overlying tissues and create more of a rounded look as a result.

Cheek implants for the male model face.

Cheek implants for the male model face. Silicone cheek implants will give you what you want if you see a surgeon who does these to look natural and not overdone.

Angular Cheek Bones With Fillers Such as Radiesse, Sculptra, Bellafill, Voluma

You can get excellent results with fillers if injected properly.  I suggest going to a facial contouring specialist who specializes in males and defining.  Best, Dr. Emer.

What type of procedure would be required to get angular cheekbones such as the individuals below?

Implants would be a great option to have the type of angularity shown in these models.  In addition, you may require some type of augmentation to the jawline.  It would have been helpful to view a photo of you so we can give you better, more detailed advice.  If you do not wish to post public photos, you can send photos directly to me or other surgeons via our websites.  Men look great with facial angularity.  I have been using male shaped implants for over 20 years with great success in providing angularity to men. 

Procedure to get angular cheekbones

One method to enhance the cheekbones is by using surgically placed implants.  Injectable fillers can also be used, but normally implants would provide more projection.  You would need to be examined to determine if you might be a good candidate for either procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon