I had laser lipo on my love handles, my compression garment keeps creasing. What can I do to stop the creasing? (photo)

My doctor stressed the importance of keeping my compression garment on and keeping it tight, making sure there are no folds. He said it can cause a permanent indent in my skin. Will the creasing cause my body to be disfigured? I thought maybe it was to big and that was why it was folding, however I bought a smaller size and am have the same issue (only worse).

Compression garmet creasing

Hello, thanks for your question

I my experience Usually when compression garment keep creasing is due to a big size garment , you can make some alteration of your garment in the waist to make it a little smaller or you can place surgical foams inside the garment to avoid permanent lines in your waist. This foams can be found online as "surgical foams " or "lipofoams"

Liposuction Recovery.

This is a common problem with compression garments after liposuction surgery.  We have found it best to add foam cushioning under the garments in key areas.  The foam not only smooths out the skin, but it prevents those lines where the garment bunches.  It can be purchased online.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Is Compression Garment Creasing Harmful After Liposuction? Start Lymphatic Massage, Hyperbaric Oxygen, Venus Legacy/Exilis

I recommend you speak to your surgeon. Aftercare after liposuction should include: Lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, compression (we use double compression with foam under to protect against creases) and radiofrequency treatments like Venus legacy/Exilis followed by cellutone/zwave to break apart any scar tissue and decrease swelling.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Ill fitting liposuction garment

If your garment is ill fitting after liposuction, make sure to follow up with your physician to be evaluated.  Sometimes a different style may be necessary in order to prevent unwanted creasing.  If the creasing is not excessive, it likely won't be a  long term problem; but it may be uncomfortable.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz