Is Non Invasive Laser Lipo a viable solution to get skinny legs to fit in pants better? (photo)

I naturally have big legs. I was overweight at 5'7 220lbs and after running and dieting, I've slimmed down a lot and now weigh 170lbs. Unfortunately my thighs and calves are still big. They are muscular but there's still a lot of fat in them too. No matter how much I run (usually 1 hour nonstop marathon running), my legs don't slim down. Is laser lipo a viable way to slim them down?

Leg Slimming Options

You may be a good candidate for non-invasive options such as sculpture or cool sculpting.  Laser lipo is an invasive approach that I perform many times per week but from the limited photo you provided, you don't appear to be an ideal candidate.  It's best to have an in-person consultation to discuss your options and establish realistic outcomes.  

Laser Lipo for skinny legs

Laser Lipo is a minimal invasive procedure that removes fat and can slim down legs. Calves are difficult to treat and should be done by someone who has experience in treating that area. Non-invasive treatment like Coolsculpting and Sculpsure do not work well for the calves, but you can get good results in the upper leg although usually not as good as Laser Lipo.

From your pictures it is hard to tell if you are a candidate for any of these treatments and I suggest you get examined by a physician to determine what will work best for you. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Is Non Invasive Laser Lipo a viable solution to get skinny legs to fit in pants better?

I don't feel that non-invasive liposuction is a viable solution for you. Thank you for your question.

Fred Suess, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting, Vanquish, CoolSculpting

I do a significant amount of leg contouring. I
suggest you see someone who does a significant amount of full body
VASER or LASER 4D shaping. Nonsurgical options do best with
combination treatments, including Vanquish, Venus Legacy but not on the calves.  This area needs meticulous skill and expertise with a hi definition lipocontouring procedure. Please
see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Treatment of fat on legs

Treatment of the fat on the legs depends on the person.  Contouring with laser liposuction can be a great option and is minimally invasive; however, given your picture, it is unlikely that anything will make a significant difference in your calves as this appears to be mostly muscle.  It would be best to get an in-person consultation with an expert in both non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon