Is this 1700 cc's taken out? When will I see a difference? I had this April 13 2016

Liposuction

Even after large amounts of liposuction, the body needs time to heal. Sometimes a compression garment can help not only with pain and discomfort but also with contouring the body. It can take 6 months and sometimes longer to really see the effects of liposuction. During this time, diet and exercise still remain important.

1650

It looks like 1650 on the container, but remember there is liquid in the bottom which takes up about 500 cc;s so you really only had about 950 of fat.

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post - operative recovery period. Swelling will slowly subside over the next three - six months. You may wear a compression garment over the next several months if you feel it helps. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Most patients see immediate improvement after liposuction.

1700 cc of fat is a large amount and you should see improvement almost immediately. Certainly there is substantial swelling at your stage of convalescence. In the next few weeks you should see considerable improvement. The final result will not be reached for many months however.

1700 ccs out, when will I see a difference

It is hard to give a good answer with only a pre-op photo. If that is a picture of your liposuction aspirate, I can say that it looks like they did a good job. There is minimal blood in the cannister so the volume represents primarily fat. I can say that it usually takes 3 mos to loose all of the swelling from liposuction. At this point in time I would start to exercise and do some aggressive massage on any areas that feel firm. Hang in there.

Karen Quigley, MD