Is damage done from PRK and lasik fixable? How many revisions are safe?

18 months ago I had lasik for myopia and astigmatism. Resulted in 20/20 with bad night vision that got worse after a revision. I saw a different Dr. who did PRK and lasik for right eye dominant monovision. That resulted in double vision, my diopter was to far apart. I can't work or drive. I was told it would get better as it heals. It's been 2 weeks and my eyesight is worse. Besides not having night vision my plane of sight is half blurry, half clear and I need readers to do anything. Help?

Generally speaking, it does take anywhere from three to six months for your eyes to fully heal.  Have you had two separate surgeries one 18 months ago and another more recent with the surgeon who performed a monovision correction?  Does wearing readers at all times improve your vision at both distance and near?  It is possible that you have some residual prescription but it is best to wait at least four to six months before considering an enhancement.  I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon to monitor your vision.

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Your case makes no sense

you should have gone to a surgeon who completed a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery

only 1% of the doctors performing lasik actually studied to specialize in lasik

most of the public doesn't know this

all you have to do is ask and then ask to see that in writing on their website (I've sent mystery shoppers to MDs who actually lie about this, but they can't lie on their website or they'd get sued)

now ie you need a PreVue lens and wavefront LASEK on top of the prior PRK/LASIK w MMC

Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
New York Ophthalmologist