How long should you wash your face after a TCA peel?

My TCA peels have always been done by my dermatologist, but I'm thinking about buying a 15% TCA peel and doing it myself. I read online that you have to neutralize the peel with baking soda or something, but my dermatologist has never had me do that. If anything, I'm not to wash my face for 6 hours after the peel. My question is, when I do the peel myself, do I have to neutralize it? does it matter?

TCA and home kits

I second the DO NOT DO IT AT HOME for higher strength TCA peels. IMO anything than a 8-10% TCA done properly is too strong for home use. We see more TCA burns than you can imagine, even with 15-20%. TCA does not need to be neutralised. Full stop. No matter what anyone says online the only TCA peel that needs to be washed off is a mixed Cook's Gly-TCA peel. Even the most experienced dermatologist would rather use fractional lasers than the Cook's method. All the bestDr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

DO NOT DO A TCA PEEL AT HOME. This type of peel needs an expert and the proper technique and skill. Best, Dr. Emer.