Singulair 10mg for capsular contracture, any risks to TT scar tissue?

Hi, I am 3.5 months PO for Benelli lift w small implants, and a full TT with muscle tightening. One breast seems to be developing capsular contracture. Will taking Singulair 10mg for the cc affect my TT scar tissue as well? I am afraid of it "weakening" while my cc scar tissue does. Thanks

Singulair for CC

Singulair is used as a FDA off label usage to treat Capsular Contracture and in some cases of recurrence of capsular contracture in a preventative fashion. This does not apply to you for the following reason: Although capsular contractures following breast augmentation can occur just about anytime, most women start having symptoms around three months after their breast implant surgery. This is because it takes some time for a capsule to form and then to scar down (contracture). Therefore it is probably too early at 3 weeks to be concerned about this problem. Your signs and symptoms are most likely from muscle spasm although other factors could also cause this. Your plastic surgeon should be able to sort this our in short order.

Early capsule and singular

I do not think using this early on will affect the strength of your tummy tuck scar.You can try it and see if you get a response from it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You should discuss this with your surgeon.  In general you should not start taking a medication to potentially treat capsular contracture without the advice of your surgeon.

Singulair and Tummy Tuck scar tissue

It is best to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Singulair is not FDA approved for capsular contracture.  In my experience, I have not seen it work well for capsular contracture, but there are some small studies that suggest it may work.  I have instead began offering Aspen After Surgery Ultrasound treatment for early capsular contracture with good results.  I don't believe that Singulair would effect your tummy tuck scar tissue, but I would recommend asking your plastic surgeon directly.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

In my over the internet opinion there should be no issue. BUT I am NOT your surgeon so please check with the operative surgeon for their OK... 

Singulair's affect on tummy tuck

I have used Singulair with mixed results in capsular contracture patients.  I don't think that the Singulair will adversely effect the muscle tightening (imbrication) that was done during your tummy tuck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Any risks with Singulair affecting my TT?

I would not be at all concerned about Singulair weakening the abdominal wall muscle plication component of your  tummy tuck from 3.5 months ago.