How long should Restylane last in lips?

I had restyline before in my lips and it lasted 12 mths and longer. The last time it did not last 3 mths with two visits. Why?

Restylane in the lips

Thank you for your question. It is important to remember everybody is different. Everyone will have different results and Restylane may last longer for others. Restylane can last anywhere from 6-12 months. The length of Restylane lasting depends on a couple factors like where it is placed and how much is injected. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon or board certified dermatologist. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified 
Plastic surgeon 
Hoffman Estates 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for lips

Restylane injected into the lips usually lasts 6 months, if not longer. The duration does vary dependent on the patient, where it is placed, and amount used. A great thing about restylane you can have follow-up injections to keep your results indefinitely. You should always see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best results with your injections.

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane In Lips, How Long Does It Last?

Typically the restylane lasts 9-12 months but there are times when I have had patients where it lasts longer and others less.  I would try Restylane Silk one your next visit and use with cannulas to prevent bruising and pain.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hyaluronic acid, how match does it last

it is a frequent question asked by the patients.

hyaluronic acid last average of 6 months. depending on the site injected, amount and the thickness of it determine the longevity of the products .

around the mouth, it's the area that consume rapidly the product. some new ones seems to last longer than 6 months in that area. 

in the cheek, with dense product injected deeply in non mobile area, the longevity expected can be much longer than 6 monts up to a year and more.

we have patients that say that the first time that they had injection, it lasted longer than afterword. 

to answer your question, i am not surprised that after 3 months most of it is already gone.

Jacques Haddad, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Duration of Restylane in lips

I usually tell my patients that Restylane lasts approximately 4-6 months in the lips.  Duration of the product can be affected by metabolism, medications and may vary from individual to individual.  

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

How long should Restylane last in lips

I have NEVER seen Restylane last more than 3 to 6 months, ever! Maybe you had something else injected the first time. Was the fee the same? 

Restylane lip injections last 3-6 months

Lips injections don't last as long as other areas of the face.  The more muscle movement, the less time a filler will last.  I have an article on Realself explaining this or you can read my blog on the link attached.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How long does Restylane last

In short, most patients enjoy the benefits of Restylane for 6 months. Now, that being said the rate in which the product is broken down varies from person to person and based on injection technique. For more superficial injections (close to the surface of the skin) the product may last much longer. 

Variations from one visit to another is not unusual, but major differences is most unusual. 

Good luck!
Dr. Bader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon