Do I choose 375cc or 400cc silicone implant? (Photos)

I've had a consultation for breast augmentation and I was told that 375-400cc will bring me up to a C small D cup. (No lift needed) I'm 23 years old, 5.11, 142lbs and currently a mid B cup with 13.5cm diameter. Would 375cc be enough to achieve a nice natural full C cup? Moderate plus profile, silicone, under the muscle. What are your thoughts? Thank you.

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I recommend you  silicone implants such as the "Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants" with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.Kind regards 

Choosing breast implant size

Thank you for your question. Size is a critical question for many women who choose breast augmentation.  The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements.  We combine a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires.  Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion.  The key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation.

Both are probably ok.

It is just about impossible to discern visually the difference between a 375 cc and 400 cc implant once implanted in the breast. both for patients and for experienced plastic surgeons. In fact, one simply cannot tell what implant size is ever in any given patient just by looking at them. One way for you to answer this question for yourself, however, is to ask which of the following outcomes are you more worried about, being made too big, or not big enough? Based on your own answer to that question, you will have a pretty good idea of which implant might be better for you. That being said, it is best to look at plenty of Before and After galleries, ideally those of your surgeon< and let him or her know what your concept of ideal happens to be. Let those photos guide your surgeon in his or her decision making in surgery to select the implant that most closely gets you the outcome you are hoping to achieve. 
Nevertheless, without a physical examination it is difficult to respond with accuracy, but as mentioned above, the best way to determine which breast implant size is best for you is by first finding out your specific wishes not only with words or letters as in cup size or “not too big” or “natural”, but also with a visual understanding of what you hope to look like. This can be accomplished either with photographs of patients whose breasts and body type look like you, or ideally with photos of patients not only whose breasts are similar to yours, but are also a similar height, weight, and pre-operative breast size. In our own practice we have provided that unique functionality on our website to accomplish exactly that.  Unfortunately the most common reason for a woman to be unhappy after her augmentation is feeling as though she is either too big or not big enough. Thankfully, in our practice this is rarely a problem because implant size selection is what we spend most of our time discussing and determining. I do not place the onus of selecting the breast implant size on my patients since they are coming to me for my advice and expertise, but I do ask my patients to be as specific as possible about their aesthetic goals and I then advise them accordingly. Implants vary in width, projection and volume. This can be very confusing to women, who are used to discussing one number only such as “300 cc’s”. To better understand which implant is best for you, in our consultation room we have two shelves one above the other, each with four implants.  The top shelf has all the implants with exactly the same width (12.5 cm), yet the less projecting implant with that width is a 275 cc Moderate or Classic, and the most projecting is a 590 cc Ultra High Profile. On the lower shelf, all of the implants are 300 cc implants, yet the less projecting implant has a width or diameter of 12.8 cm, and the most projecting of the 300 cc implants is the Ultra High Profile which has a 9.7 cm diameter.  Once it is determined which implant width or diameter would best fit you, the next step is to decide which what sort of look you are hoping to achieve, i.e. more projection, moderate, or least. This is determined by how much breast tissue you have naturally, and how large you ultimately wish to be. All of this would be discussed during your consultation. And don’t be shy about coming prepared with images which you feel best represent your desired end point. These can be determined by visiting our gallery, or any other photos you wish to bring. The advantage of using our gallery is that all of the relevant information about patient age, implant size and type, are clearly indicated.  If you are confident with your selection of plastic surgeon, you should be all set. If you are not sure, I would advise you to seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast enhancement surgery and make sure that your own sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon. Your idea of “natural” or “pretty” or “proportionate” might be different from your plastic surgeon’s and it is very important for you to feel confident that you are both of like minds as far as the goals. Best of luck to you and I hope you are successful in achieving the enhancement you are seeking. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizes

Great question. I believe you will look great with a 375/400cc Moderate Plus Profile. You will be more than thrilled. After surgery you will be swollen and look bigger than you actually will be! Give them time to heal and settle and you will get a great result. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Do I choose 375cc or 400cc silicone implant?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like but 375-400cc implants will likely get you closer to a D or DD cup size.  Best wishes!

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

C cup

375-400cc is more than sufficient for a C cup.  Given the breast tissue you already have, you may be closer to a D cup.  At this size I would consider a high profile implant rather than a moderate plus.  Best wishes, Dr T

#Breast implants #size of implant

Be sure you seek the help of a board certified plastic surgeon preferably a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.In my opinion, the best way to determine the best size for you, is using specially designed sizers (Mentor company),  the second best option is using  silicone implants ( actual implants) however, because of the compact nature of the implant, they usually accentuate the size of the breast, And the patient should usually go with one size up from the implant they like.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Size

So long as you have CLEARLY communicated your goals to your surgeon (I use photos since the patient's final evaluation will be visual as well), you should let your surgeon choose. The most common "error" is simply the patient and the surgeon not "seeing" the same desired final look. Bra sizes, etc are notoriously unreliable as bras fit differently depending on many factors and one person's "full C" is another's "D".Also, it is not about volume, it is about dimensions. The same volume in a moderate profile is wildly different looking than that same volume in an ultra-high profile.Lastly, 25cc is a nearly imperceptible difference visually overall.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

What size implants

You will not see the difference in 25cc, it is less than a tablespoon. Go with the larger size as long as it fits in the given base diameter. Just my opinion after 25 years. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS