My front tooth chipped off in the middle. It looks like a big gap. Please tell what to do. I have no insurance.

What can I do,I will never smile looking like this.

Doctor Answers 3

Chipped front tooth.

For a Chipped tooth the best and most inexpensive remedy is dental bonding.  A dentist will use a tooth colored filling material for repair.  Most of the time we are able to achieve a very esthetic result.  However, depending on the size of the chip, bonding is not as strong as a porcelain veneer or a porcelain crown; which can often cost  4 to 5 times the amount of dental bonding.

This is a 1 step procedure that usually requires no anesthetic and takes typically 30 minutes.

Steven M. Goldy, DDS

Beverly Hills Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

No Need to Worry!

Hey Clara,

No need to worry, these type of things happen all the time and you will smile again. Depending on the size of the chip you could most likely get it fixed with a relatively inexpensive bonding. Just make sure you go to a cosmetic dentist who can do a good job. In terms of payment, my office offers Care Credit which can split up the payments into 12 to 24 months intervals with no interest. Hope that helps!

Fabian F. Taghdiri, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Chipped tooth

It sounds as if you need to have a restoration placed to repair your tooth. without a picture i can't be specific. I suggest visiting your dentist for a consultation to learn your options. There may be a simple cost effective answer to your problem. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.