Can I Ask for Refund?

I had juverderm under eyes, was my fist procedure ever with injectables.i got brusing &slight swelling which i was told was to be expected. But its all uneven &lumpy a week later, after sewlling had resided. i tried light massage but i can feel the lumps &they aint budging! i know they can inject a chemical to dissolve the juverderm. my eyes look just as they did, only lumpy. I feel she's not done it properly? Can I ask for my money back?

Doctor Answers 5

Getting a refund for filler

This is a difficult one. Generally speaking, if a highly trained physician such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon did your treatment, you should visit them and ask what options you have such as hyaluronidase to dissolve the existing filler. If you have a good relationship with the physician or they see that they messed up to any degree, I'm certain they can find a way to rectify things to your satisfaction. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Juvederm and bruising/lumping

Tear troughs are a sensitive area and have a tendency to bruise more commonly than other areas. As far as a refund is concerned, that's difficult to say. Most physicians will work with you until you are happy. The lumping may subside in the course of a week or two, as your body adjusts and swelling goes down. I would let the physician do the massage, so as to not worsen things. Close follow up is important. If you are still unhappy, they can administer Hyaluronidase. Best of luck.

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 496 reviews

Can I Ask for Refund?

Usually not.  You paid for the filler and the filler was used.  Since there are no pictures, I can't comment on your statement that they "look just as they did, only lumpy".  At this point, massage is not going to help - helps a little in the first 24 hours.  You can use hyaluronidase to dissolve the product but I don't do it unless there is a severe deformity.  You need to go back to your doctor and have her look at your eyes and discuss your concerns.

Rigo Mendoza, MD
Tampa Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Can I ask for a refund after fillers

This is really hard to answer without more information and photos. First, who was doing the injections? Was it a doctor? Second, Juvederm isn't a great filler around the eyes and I much prefer Restylane there as the product works and looks better. The problem that most people have when it comes to fillers (and you'll see post after post after post on this site) is the person doing the injections, or the patient's expectations. In your case, I don't know who did them. I would recommend you stop trying to massage the lumps at this point because you can actually be making them worse, bringing swelling there. You can have a dissolving agent called hyaluronidase injected, yes, but I would have someone who knows what they are doing inject that for you. "Poor cosmetic outcome" is not a reason for a refund, and I know that sounds harsh, but with fillers and really any cosmetic procedure, the patient owns a part of the process. Patients need to do good research and find great injectors. That's not always easy, but it is necessary. She used the product on you and even though you don't like it now, that's not exactly refundable. I would suggest you see her, for a look at your face and a discussion about what is happening. If you aren't happy, then see someone else to have the lumps dissolved properly.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.6 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Tear trough unevenness with Juvederm

Tear trough injections are notorius for bruising and mild swelling. I gravitate towards Restylane, but have used Juvederm on patients. The lumpiness may even out over the next week, if you had it one week ago. If it is still not better at the two week point, follow up and discuss your options. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS - Account Suspended
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
3.7 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.