Based on my height 5'6 & weight of almost 120, what is the amount of cc's (implant not fat) needed to achieve this look? (photo)

What is the biggest amount of cc's I could get? To achieve this look would I need it under,within, or on top of the muscle? Does this look seem more than a 700cc implant? Is it possible to get this look with implants? The pictures are an example of my desired look..

Buttocks implants?

You are going to have to get both implants and fat transfer to get the size that you are seeking. The maximum implant that can fit you is determined by the dimensions of your buttocks cheeks and not the size you want; if this is too small for you, then we would augment the rest of your butt with fat grafting.

Butt implant surgery is more than the issue of size

Without personal examination and consultation, it would be difficult to say how much cc you will actually need to achieve your desired look.  However, the list below may shed light on the issue of size: 

*  The implant volume or size is the not the only critical issue.  In fact, the overall shape--which of course includes the thigh, waist-to-hip ratio, and even the entire body frame--is the most important factor that you should take into account. 

*  Bigger is not always better.  Take note that your soft tissue can only handle implants that are within its anatomical limits.  Should you choose to have implants that are too large for your underlying anatomies, accept the increased risk of palpability, malposition, poor wound healing, and the likes. 

*  Implants can only augment and reshape the upper aspect of your buttock cheeks because of the way they are positioned: ALWAYS above the sitting area. 

*  WIthin the muscle implant placement is the ideal choice, as opposed to above this layer, because it reduces palpability, risk of infection, and malposition. 

*  Some patients complement their butt implant surgery with liposuction and/or fat transfer for a more balanced, smoother results.

Good luck and best wishes. 

Dr. Tarick Smiley, MD
California Surgical Institute

Buttock implants sizing

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:  Regarding buttock augmentation, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients per week, from around the world, that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12 months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock implants).  One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible...even in the most petite patients. Traditionally, teardrop oval implants have a 30+% risk of rotation and thus unnaturally change the buttock shape/appearance when doing so.  However i have recently created and patented a new "Stanton Anatomic" shaped implant that avoids this issue. The benefit of this is the fact that ~80% of women patients have more of an oval shaped buttock cheek than round, thus creating a much more natural and harmonious buttock contour. Thus, the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery. 
The largest stock buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 690cc round implant. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants should only be placed under or at least within the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant much over 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal.  Be aware, the "subfascial" space that is sometimes talked about is not a real potential space to place a buttock implant. It is essentially the same as a subcutaneous pocket (ie under the skin only) and therefore should be avoided at all costs. Some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with cartoonish bottoms could have either gotten extremely lucky with a huge oversized implant (very unlikely if properly placed under the muscle), had a very large volume of filler injected such as silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, or hydrogel - all NOT recommended because of high risk of severe infections, migration and/or hardening over time,  and even deadly consequences in rare but significant instances (if mistakenly injected into the blood stream); and/or have been genetically "blessed" - although quite unlikely.
I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of infection. For fat to survive it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well. Fat transfer later on must be done very carefully and cautiously, preferably by the original surgeon, for the very same reasons as above. In both instances, the risk/reward ratio is very high (meaning high risk to very low potential reward) because over 80% of the fat is likely to melt away yielding very small gains in augmentation. 
Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.
Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Bbl

At 5'6" and 120 lbs you likely do not have enough fat to augment you  in such a way as to achieve the results in those pictures you posted.