Approximately how many vials of Sculptra to enhance my butt? (Photo)

Had cool sculpting on a very tiny banana roll which caused my butt to drop lost volume had to have skin surgically removed Was told not enough fat for fat grafting

Approximately how many vials of Sculptra to enhance my butt?

Thank you for your question. There are two common ways to enhance a buttock, but each requires surgery. The most common method is through the use of fat-grafting, popularized as the "Brazilian Butt Lift", or BBL. This procedure involves performing liposuction of diet and exercise resistant areas of the body (typically the abdomen, waist, hips, and back), followed by processing and purifying the fat before injecting the fat back into the glutes. This fat can be used to recontour the buttock region, while adding volume and firmness. The second method of butt augmentation is through the use of buttock implants, a better option for those with otherwise little body fat, that are directly placed into the tissues similar to a breast implant placed into the chest.  Sculpture has recently been used to naturally enhance the buttock in a semi-permanent method by using its property of increasing collagen formation to add volume to the tissues.  As with all fillers the amount of sculpture needed would depend on your desired size but you can anticipate 20-30 vials to be a starting point.  Best wishes. 

Sculptra for buttock enhancement?

To best answer your question, I'd have to say that Sculptra would be a poor choice for buttock enhancement. Quite simply, you'd need a tremendous amount of Sculptra to yield any appreciable improvement in buttock projection or contour. Given that I use an average of 8-10 vials of Sculptra in a typical facial rejuvenation case, you'd likely need upwards of 30-40 vials to yield any appreciable change to your buttocks. It can be done, but would be extremely expensive and likely leave you disappointed overall.

That said, it can be used very effectively for correcting minor contour irregularities, but not the choice for true buttock enhancement.

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hi There, 

I would recommend 20 vials total over two sessions. Each session would involve a total of ten with 5 in each buttock. 

From the photos, you seem to be quite lean, with not enough fat to transfer to the buttocks. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

Sculptra for buttocks

Sculptra is a great volumizing filler for the face because it creates long lasting collagen stimulation.  Sculptra has been used in buttocks with moderate results.  The amount of volume created is usually not significant enough to provide volume; however, it has been shown to improve contour and texture in targeted areas leading to a better looking butt out of clothes.  As far as lifting goes, it is not significant and would require a large number of vials / sessions to see any impact.  Be careful to not get oversold on this one.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon