I had a Labiaplasty 24 hours ago. Do my stitches and everything look fine? (photos)

I'm worried about assymetrry or a loose stitch. I don't want to go for a second op.

Labiaplasty

Asymmetry is to be expected after a labiaplasty procedure.  It looks like you are healing just fine.  Be sure to keep your surgeon updated with your recovery process.

LabiaplastyVaginal Rejuvenation

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Do my stitches and everything look fine after labiaplasty?

I understand your concerns, but labiaplasty surgery can cause extreme swelling and final results cannot be evaluated this early in the process. Please allow 6 weeks for healing, do not panic yet. Follow your post-operative instructions and follow-up with your surgeon.  Good luck, hope this helps and l hope you get a wonderful result.

Take Care,

Dr. Serrao

24hrs after surgery

it is very common to see a lot of swelling and bruising as well as assymetry for several days/weeks after surgery. Does not look bad. In 4-5wks it should be healed. Hope this helps

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist

Difficult to assess

I can appreciate your concern at this time but the best thing to do is sit back and wait and evaluate at 5-6 weeks post operatively.   There is no way of knowing if all has been done correctly or if you will heal correctly especially because the swelling is present.  Best of luck in your post operative recovery.  Congrats on the new surgery

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~  Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

I had a labiaplasty 24 hour ago. Do my stitches and everything look fine?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your labiaplasty procedure.  Due to the thin tissues of the labia you currently have swelling obscuring your surgical results and though there is nothing that looks concerning you will need to allow 6-8 weeks to pass to assess your aesthetic results.  Hope this helps.