Will my breasts ever have a natural slope? (Photos)

Hello. I got 300cc silicone implants under the muscle & a breast lift. I was hesitant to go with this PS b/c I noticed the patients on his site had humps; however, he was highly recommended by a friend. I expressed concern over the humps in his photos, but the PS *promised* I would not have humps. I'm at 4.5 months now and I have TORPEDOS. I was told to wait until at least 6 mos before thinking about revisions but my breasts look ridiculous. Is this possibly my final-ish result? Thank you!

You're not going to change much

at this point after surgery, there's not going to be much change. I'm guessing you have a high profile implant? I agree that you are much too full in the upper pole which is either due to a high projecting implant or failure to release the muscle on the bottom of you breast. Personally, I recommend waiting at least 6 months to revise the implant. Hopefully your surgeon will help you financially since he got you in to this, but you need to be on the same page. You seemingly told him you didn't want this so he should try and make you happy! If he's unwilling, get another opinion. Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast slope

Over time, the slope will likely improve.  If you are not satisfied, a smaller implant may do the trick.

Will my breasts ever have a natural slope?

I would no Thank you for your questiont gi Thank you for your questionve up yet. When breast implants and lift are combined the lower pole almost always fills out as the implant drops. Ask your surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises and a Bando.

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear about your concerns.  By this time, most of your result has settled.  I recommend seeing your surgeon and sharing your concerns.  If you and/or your surgeon does not have confidence that he/she can fix this, then seek consultation with a revisional breast surgery expert.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

I'm sorry to hear of your postop concerns.  Although your breasts are likely not yet completely settled, the majority of the postop changes to your breasts have taken place at this point.  I recommend waiting at least six months from the time of surgery before considering any revisions.  If at six months you still have concerns, I recommend expressing those concerns to your plastic surgeon and/or seeking a second opinion.  I always recommend seeing a plastic surgeon based on experience, recommendations, and Before/After photos.  As you've learned, Before/After photos are very important as is comparing apples to apples with those photos which means looking at photos of women who are of the same height, weight, build, and breast shape as you.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes in your postop course.

Nicholas Tarola, MD

My over the internet guess is you might need a donut lift or lowering the infra mammary crease? But only in person opinions count!

Will my breasts ever have a natural slope after breast surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Given that you feel that your breasts look "ridiculous" 4.5 months out of surgery, I would be concerned ( although I do expect some further changes are possible), that you will  continue to be displeased  even longer term.  In other words, although further changes are likely, most of the postoperative changes have likely occurred already.

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you continue to  follow up with your plastic surgeon at the six month mark (or later). If you remain concerned, revisionary breast surgery, possibly involving downsizing of breast implants and/or adjustment of breast capsules may be necessary to achieve an outcome that you are happier with.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS