i had a bump removed by blade which i was told was a fibrous papule. as it was healing the bump returned and i was told that touching it stimulates it and that if they cut deeper i would have a divot in my lip. as it is on my lip, it is nearly impossible nOT to stimulate it and i want to have it permanently removed. is this possible? via laser or other methods?
Fibrous Papule on my Lip (Not Nose)? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Fibrous Papule on Lip
Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for the best cosmetic scarring and healing. I hope this helps.
Fibrous papule of lip
Thank you for the photo.
- The fibrous papule is a harmless tumor (growth),
- It will always return when shaved because it goes right through the skin,
- It can easily be cut out with minor surgery,
- Done properly it will leave an almost invisible scar,
- a laser is unlikely to treat it - lasers use focused light. Your papule has no color to absorb the laser energy. Hope this helps. Best wishes!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.