Can I have Fat Transfer and Breast Augmentation done on the same day?

Hi! I have two children and finding someone to take care of them + vacation time at work to do two separate surgeries would be almost impossible. My question is: could I have a liposuction with fat transfer and breast breast augmentation surgeries both done on the same day?

Combined Fat Transfer to Buttocks and Breast Augmentation

Although it may be possible I do not recommend carrying out both procedures at the same time. When we perform fat transfers the patient will be face down in order to view the buttock region and keep symmetry. The breast augmentation is performed face up and therefore it is a conflict. You certainly will not want to sleep face up because you may negatively affect the results of your fat transfer. The reverse is also true. I would caution you against performing this combined procedure. Good luck

Fat transfer/augmenattion

Assuming your overall medical condition is good and you have no serious heaklth issues I think you could do both.However this would be up to your surgeon who will examine you preoperatively.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and fat transfer performed at same operation

This is certainly an operation (I'm assuming you were referring to a fat transfer to the buttocks) that can be performed, on the right candidate, at the same operative setting.  There are some special considerations that must be addressed when combining these, however this will be discussed during your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  good luck.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Fat transfer

I believe that it is possible, how ever I don't recommend it because of the results will not be as expected after the body absorbs the fat cells transferred there.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Fat Transfer

Those are typical procedures that are done together. As long as you are healthy that should not  be a problem

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and fat transfer can be done on the same day

Thank you for your question.  If you are in good health and are under the care of the plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in both procedures and resident excellent reputation and your community that you may well be able have both procedures at the same operative session.

Breast augmentation and BBL on the same day

It is absolutely possible to do both of these operations on the same day. The shape change to your torso with the combination would be complimentary once the healing process has been allowed time.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

It could be done in conjunction, but an evaluation is need. Search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Breast augmentation and liposuction and fat grafting are performed routinely in my practice.

Fat transfer and breast augmentation can be performed on the same day

I routinely perform these procedures in combination. Our facility is licensed as an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and as such we are not limited by the 1000cc of liposuction at the same time as a second procedure rule, in Florida. I perform liposuction with breast augmentation routinely, and then adding fat transfer adds very little to the complexity of the procedure, whether the fat is transferred to face, buttock, or breasts. I perform fat transfer to the breast in combination with breast implants more and more frequently, and this composite approach to breast augmentation has many benefits.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD