Fat Necrosis and Fibrosis After Buttock Augmentation? (photo)

I under went BBL a year ago (June 2011) and I have two areas of hardness and a lump on my right cheek. Initally after the surgery I was informed that this was normal however now after research and a year of healing, I think that this may be contributed to the MD technique. Currently I am undergoing meso therapy as well as acoustic wave therapy for dimpling and hardness in my buttock. Is there any other treatments for fat necrosis? and is it safe to undergo BBL procedure again ?

Brazilian Butt Lift

If the lumps and hardness is due to fat necrosis. They may not respond to mesotherapy or accoustic wave therapy.

An MRI will confirm if it is fat necrosis. Then through physical exam will decide if liposuction will remove it or direct surgical excision and subsequent repeat of the Brazilian Butt Lift for correction of deformity and further enhancement

Fat Necrosis and Fibrosis After Buttock Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Fat necrosis can occur after any fat transfer surgery.  Fat necrosis may improve over time, but there can be some areas that will not absorb.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes.  

Fat Necrosis and Fibrosis after BBL?

Thank you for your question! You will have many questions post BBL, just make sure you address these issues with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Fat Necrosis and Fibrosis After Buttock Augmentation?

This looks like bruising after the injection. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon