When Should I Stop Taking Arnica and Iron Supplement Before BBL?

Hello!! My question is about iron supplement and Arnica 200. I'm having a BBL. When should I start and stop both medications and what dosage should I be taking. Thanks in Advance!

Do not stop arnica or iron

Arnica may help to minimize bruising and swelling.  There is no real evidence to support it but some of our patients have noticed less bruising and swelling than normally seen after a Brazilian butt lift.  Today, for example, I performed three Brazilian butt lifts.  One of our patients was taking arnica and it seemed like she felt much better after the surgery than the other two girls.

Iron is good to boost your blood levels if you are loosing blood through heavy periods or if you lack iron because of your diet.  Your blood levels should be optimal prior to your brazilian butt lift because if large volumes ate taken and transferred, you blood levels may drop noticeably.

Thus there is no reason to stop and there is nothing they do that would interfere with your healing and fat survival.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

When to stop Arnica and Iron supplements before BBL?

Hello! Thank you for your question! The recommendations for the use of these homeopathic medications are surgeon preference. I typically suggest the use of Arnica Montana to decrease swelling and bruising. It is an herbal medication that is propagated from the seeds of an herb. I, as well as my patients, have seen some benefit with the treatment in the postoperative period. Although there is little evidence to its effectiveness, I believe there is some benefit, and no harm. I recommend 4-5 tablets under the tongue 4x/day for 3-5 days prior and 5-7 days after the procedure. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD