Supplies recommended after breast lift?

I am having an anchor lift in 2 weeks. I am just wondering if there's anything in particular or recommendations on things I will need once I'm recovering? Just trying to get everything done ahead of time.

Supplies after a Breast Lift

First of all, it is important that you speak to your surgeon or his assistant to see what they recommend you have available.  In my practice, we recommend that patients have a good sports bra or post surgical bra that doesn't have an underwire. One of my favorites is called the Z bra by Medical Z.  I would also recommend having some gauze and surgical tape for the first few days after surgery.  We put all of our surgical patients in compression stockings (TED hose) which they purchase ahead of time.  In general, that is all you need other than medications. Your surgeon will advise you as to which medications to have available. 

Supplies after breast lift

Thank you for your question.  The only supply that I ask my patients to purchase for a breast lift is a sports bra or soft cup bra....nothing with an underwire.  That being said, call your surgeon's office for specific recommendations.  Best wishes!

Nicholas Tarola, MD

What is needed to recover after a breast lift?

The answer to this depends on what is done, and your surgeon's routine. In general, most of the recovery is maintenance free. The sutures are usually dissolvable, and you should be able to shower within a few days. If you have drains, they will also be removed within a few days. You should be able to eat your usual diet by dinner time or the next day. Back to your regular activities may take 2-3 weeks. If you have implants placed, your recovery will take  a few more weeks. You should have someone with you at least for the first evening. Ask your surgeon about all these issues.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Supplies recommended after breast lift?

I suggest a set of good films to watch or books to read! It will take you 3 months to fully recover enough from the surgery to return to activities such as combat sports. In the immediate post op period, take it easy but remain active to minimise any risk of DVT/PE.Eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and keep well hydrated. 

Mo Akhavani, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Supplies

Here is the basic information I provide patients regarding post-op treatment and healing:

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Now, in order to determine the best options based on your specific case and procedure it would be best to contact your surgeon and get their advice ahead of time so that you do not spend any excessive money on post-op supplies that you will not need. Good luck.

Breast lift - what supplies are needed afterwards

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

• The only supplies you are likely to need are a supply of Tylenol and Advil for pain
  • Some gauze and tape.
  • It will be very helpful if you stock up on food, do your laundry and house cleaning in advance so you don't have anything to bother about afterwards.
  • check with your surgeon's office to see if they want you to have anything more.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Supplies after breast lift

I recommend having ice packs, arnica with bromeline, and a front clasping elastic bra (no underwire).  You may want to keep some gauze at home as well.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD