I am currently doing a course of fraxel. How long after each fraxel treatment must I wait before I can resume going for facial?

It may vary but usually not before 2 weeks after treatment

Fraxel offers different levels of treatment so the healing times will vary depending on how aggressive the treatment is. It is best to directly consult your provider about when the best time will be to receive a facial. It is also important to let your facialist know that you are receiving a series of Fraxel treatments.

Fraxel treatments and post op care

Fraxel is a fabulous treatment for fine lines, acne scars, and sun damage.  I see all of my Fraxel patients two weeks after each Fraxel treatment.  If you are completely healed two weeks should be the correct amount of time to resume your facials.  I would definitely check with your treating physician.

Facial after Fraxel

You should probably wait around 30 days before having a facial after a Fraxel treatment. That being said, I'd recommend talking to your dermatologist about it, as different types of Fraxel treatments have different effects on the skin. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Facials post Fraxel

Depending on what type of Fraxel you received you may be able to have a facial as soon as 1 week post treatment as long as it is not a nonchemical based facial and your provider gives you the green light. Have a wonderful afternoon,
Dr. Vitenas

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Facials after Fraxel

This is a good question, without a definitively right answer.The Fraxel is a great treatment for facial resurfacing, treating wrinkles and skin laxity with very little downtime. And patient satisfaction is generally quite high.The healing after a treatment of the Fraxel laser happens relatively quickly, with only redness and mild swelling lasting for more than a few days.Notwithstanding this impressive safety profile, I recommend conservatively that patients avoid facials for at least two weeks after the procedure, and for at least one week before. Also, there are many possible interpretations of a “facial”, and it would be beneficial to let your doctor know what type of facial you are interested in doing.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon