What could this be? Dark, hardened spot after Tummy Tuck (Photo)

I'm 19 months post op. I've had this dark, hardened spot that stins for over a year. Scar tissue? I had a little bump in that dark area today. I burst it. What's going on?

Debriding Wound After Tummy Tuck

From your picture, it looks like it is most likely an extruding suture. Contact your operating surgeon for in-person evaluation, removal, and debriding. Best wishes. 

Dark hardened spot after TT

Thank you for your question. It may be suture granuloma which is not common. Please go to a PS for evaluation and possible excision or debridement.

Dark spot after tummy tuck

It appears from your picture that you could possibly be extruding a suture. However, it is very unusual for a suture to extrude from that area. In fact I've never seen this.  In any event, you have a small wound that needs to be debrided, and if there is a suture there it needs to be removed.  Please follow up with your surgeon. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck

thank you for your question. It is likely you have a stich access or extruding stich from the plication. The best way to know is to go back to your plastic surgeon for evaluation so they can better see what the issue is.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon